Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to decide erasmus preferences

Options
  • 25-01-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

When deciding on preference for an erasmus / international exchange, should one be more influenced by the University's reputation or where you think would be the best experience / time ?

I'm in UCD and am looking at law schools in Canada and Australia.

Additionally with a GPA of 3.9 would this generally be good enough to get first preference ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

For me it was a mix of both but more heavily weighted on where I thought I'd have a good time. For an exchange semester/year unless you have the option of Harvard or somewhere equally prestigious, no-one really cares where you went. Now if it was a really poorly regarded college in a town I thought I'd like then I would have thought twice, but I'm sure you'll find something which fits both criteria. Keep in mind climate and size of the town, both of which can have a massive impact on your experience!

Re. the GPA and being accepted to your first choice it depends a lot on demand etc., however 3.9 is excellent so there's no reason to think you wouldn't get it. Are many from your course aiming for the same college?

Advertisement