Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Creative/Renowned Tattoo Studio In Ireland?

Options
  • 25-01-2013 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo and obviously I would prefer if it came out awesome! ;)

So I would like to go to the best/creative/traditional studio around.

I know everyone will have a different opinion but I would really appreciate any thoughts!! sorry for being a newbie...!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

elnunobah wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo and obviously I would prefer if it came out awesome! ;)

So I would like to go to the best/creative/traditional studio around.

I know everyone will have a different opinion but I would really appreciate any thoughts!! sorry for being a newbie...!

Thanks

Well, do you have any idea of what you want? We can give a better recommendation if we know what kind of style you're looking at. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 elnunobah

Ya! I'm thinking of getting the old Irish writing language 'Ogham'

It is basically a form of lines, but I would like it to be styled,simply.

Thinking of getting it along the inside of my upper arm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Not to sound too harsh but EVERY studio could do that and do a good job of it.

Melion wrote: »
    Not to sound too harsh but EVERY studio could do that and do a good job of it.

Ha ha, ok thanks! I know what you mean!

Forgive my trepidation!!

elnunobah wrote: »
    Ya! I'm thinking of getting the old Irish writing language 'Ogham'

It is basically a form of lines, but I would like it to be styled,simply.

Thinking of getting it along the inside of my upper arm...

I know what Ogham is, I love it. One of my rings that I always wear has Ogham engraved on it. :)

Honestly, most decent studios can do that, it's a very simple thing to do.

I'm going to presume that you don't want it in colour? Either way, if you're in Dublin, check out Zulu, Snakebite, Skin City and Colourworks. In Limerick, check out All Star Ink. They're all the recommendations I'd personally give.

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »

I know what Ogham is, I love it. One of my rings that I always wear has Ogham engraved on it. :)

Honestly, most decent studios can do that, it's a very simple thing to do.

I'm going to presume that you don't want it in colour? Either way, if you're in Dublin, check out Zulu, Snakebite, Skin City and Colourworks. In Limerick, check out All Star Ink. They're all the recommendations I'd personally give.

Ok cool thanks !!
    Would you know of any in Cork or Waterford ???? 😊

I don't know any good places in Cork (not saying there aren't any good ones, I just don't know them!), but JMDs in Waterford seems to have a good reputation.

Just check out their portfolios before deciding, so you know you're going to get good work done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I have Dave Barry on facebook and he's in middleton. Quality artist but I'm not sure what studio he works out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

If you where willing to travel to Limerick some great shops here! Allstar Ink, High on Ink and Bullman's Tattoo! great artists and great work coming out of all of these shops!! my OH's cousin got his name done in Ogham looks very nice, its a cool idea :)

Advertisement