Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple iPad / iCloud issue

• 25-01-2013 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭

Apologies, Mods could you please move to Apple Devices?

Hi,

Looking for some advice. Here's my story:

I bought an iPad 3 last July & paid for the 2 year extra support. I created a lot of files on the iPad, about 40 & used the iCloud to back them up. Then in August it asked my to upgrade to iOS 6, so I did. No problem. Then a week later, the iPad kept re-booting itself. No matter what I did, it wouldn't stop re-booting. Rang Apple and they replaced the iPad with a new one.
    I set up the new one, accessed iCloud but I can only see the thumb nails of my files but it would not allow me to access them, either on-line via PC, via iTunes or via the iPad. I contact Apple. It drags on till December & still not resolved. Then the Senior Advisor emails me to say she was leaving that day and it was being passed to another advisor. No more contact. I contact them end of December and get a new advisor who is appalled by the situation. Then he drags it on & again no contact. I emailed him. No reply in two weeks.
    I contact again tonight & was immediately told I had to speak to a senior. He tells me he will do his best to resolve the issue but tells me it is unlikely they can retrieve my files!!! He will check with Tech Support but he thinks they cannot.

My questions:
    Is this normal behaviour from such a company?
    What is the point of Cloud backups if they lose all your files? I thought this was going to be the future with remote everything.
    Can information on Clouds be inaccessible?
    Is there any recourse or action I can take? The last guy told me it is up to me to ensure I have other back ups other than iCloud.
    Could any data protection laws come into play here?

Comments

Advertisement