Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - 24 hour net cafes in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 25-01-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

Are there any 24 hour net cafes left in Dublin city centre?

My printer just packed in while printing out a document I need in hard copy for tomorrow morning. It's not going to get fixed tonight, so I need to know if there are any net cafes open in the city centre at this hour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Think there's one on Talbot Street that stays open 24 hours, failing that most internet cafes would be open by 10-11 in the morning if that's not putting you under too much pressure timewise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

That's too late tomorrow, unfortunately. This will have to be done tonight. Thanks so much for your help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you're anywhere near the North Strand, I'll print it for you, if you can get here within an hour.

Really kind of you, but I'm city centre, and if there's going to be a net cafe open anywhere, it's got to be within a mile of where I am right now, I reckon!
    Thanks again for the offer. Just goes to show what decent human beings Dubs (and boardsies) are!

As per spurios's offer, I'm far southside but will print no bother if it helps :)

• Advertisement

Almost tempted to make the journey just to meet the naked mod!
    But again, thanks for your really kind offer; however, I'm happy to hunt down a net cafe and pay for the privilege of having a stupid printer. Wouldn't mind except it's only five bloody pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Almost tempted to make the journey just to meet the naked mod!
    But again, thanks for your really kind offer; however, I'm happy to hunt down a net cafe and pay for the privilege of having a stupid printer. Wouldn't mind except it's only five bloody pages!

Global Internet Cafe on O'Connell Street near O'Connell Bridge is 24hr I think

haha, you'd be disappointed :P

What time is it needed for?

Thanks to everyone for all your help. A few options there within walking distance so I'm heading out into the rain now armed only with my trusty USB key.
    Wish me luck!
    (I'll report back on what was actually open in case this thread proves useful in future for anyone else in similar circumstances.)

• Advertisement

If you don't manage to find somewhere, drop me a PM, I'm sure I could fly into town in the morning if it's important :)

Bring your brolly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Global is actually closed, just checked there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭smellsfunny

Can you not just go to college for 8.30AM and print it then?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say the Five Star in Talbot Street will be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

how many pages is it? I'm leaving work in 15 mins (near O'Connell Street) - can e-mail to me if want..?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Rathmines. 24hr Internet café. 113 lwr Rathmines round beside Cancer charity shop and Third policeman.

Badhb wrote: »
    Rathmines. 24hr Internet café. 113 lwr Rathmines round beside Cancer charity shop and Third policeman.

was gonna mention there but he seems determined on City Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Cora Mahoney

I know there is one open 24 hours right near Temple Bar as I had the exact same crisis myself recently, except it was my computer that died ;)

If you head into Temple bar and just ask about you will be told where it is, I am sorry I forget the name of the street, but it was right on the quay. Really nice Chinese fella on the desk, I was there from about midnight until 10 in the morning finishing an essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm working in Temple Bar just now, if you're still needing it printed drop me a pm and I can do it for you.

Should add, we've only got a black and white printer in work, if that's not a problem give me a shout.

how many pages is it? I'm leaving work in 15 mins (near O'Connell Street) - can e-mail to me if want..?

I'm outta here :D

**** me, what a day :mad: :(

• Advertisement

I ended up passing the Parnell St one and chanced my arm. It was open. Very strange place. You have to be buzzed in (keeps the howayiz at bay) then upstairs into a chamber buzzing with caffeine-drink fuelled asian gamers on the all-nighter.
    Lovely lass behind the counter was able to print off my doc for me, because all the computers are set to Mandarin language as default.
    So, maybe not the best place for a late night facebook session, but spot on for getting an emergency doc printed off at all hours.
    Again, thanks to everyone for the information and an especial thanks to those who personally offered to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I know you got sorted already, but just for future reference / searchers there is a 24 hour one on the south side of the Halfpenny Bridge.

They also store luggage - €7 per bag per 12 hours.

Not your ornery onager

• Site Banned Posts: 224 ✭✭SubBusted

Badhb wrote: »
    Great place all right. The computers are slower than the staff, there's always some customer shouting into a headset in Arabic, the staff eat pizza behind the counter which stinks up the room, there's crap music blaring so you can't listen to anything on the headphones, and the wooden floor sounds great when money/keys are dropped on it.

Advertisement