Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda shot in Bellurgan Co.Louth.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

There is plenty being said but not here > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056865104

I saw that, just dont think there seems to be the same level of shock and outrage as the McCabe shooting, maybe its me, but I think people while stunned, accept that this is possible, however outrageous it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Merch wrote: »
    I saw that, just dont think there seems to be the same level of shock and outrage as the McCabe shooting, maybe its me, but I think people while stunned, accept that this is possible, however outrageous it is.

I would say you are wrong.There was no internet in 1996 the time of the McCabe shooting and that thread has 55 pages,824 posts and near 62,000 views.
    Plenty of outrage there and rightly so.I can't see what you are missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I would say you are wrong.There was no internet in 1996 the time of the McCabe shooting and that thread has 55 pages,824 posts and near 62,000 views.
    Plenty of outrage there and rightly so.I can't see what you are missing?

I cant explain it then, maybe its just me or that I feel people while not accepting it are not as shocked when something like this happens, maybe its as I waas told about it very soon after, when it happened that I was shocked, I felt it was more like the whole nation nearly stopped back then, maybe its just my interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I know that nobody is in doubt about what kind of lad Adrian was,and i dont mean to dwell but this for me sums the lad up-
    http://www.argus.ie/news/extortion-victim-among-those-paying-tribute-to-great-man-3373778.html
    EXTORTION VICTIM Niall Hearty looked shattered as he queued with his partner, Tanya McCann, at Dundalk Garda station on Sunday afternoon to sign the book of condolence opened for Det. Garda Adrian Donohoe.

Tanya had two bunches of flowers with her, which one of her children carried, while Niall cuddled their ten-month-old baby. Both of them continue to live in the aftermath of a court case that dominated their lives for years.

Three men from Dundalk are now serving long prison sentences for extorting nearly €70,000 from Niall after he received a substantial court award following a serious car accident.

From the first moment that Niall made his complaint, Det. Garda Adrian Donohoe became part of his life. And as Niall and Tanya came under pressure not to give evidence in court, Adrian called to their door again and again and again, talking to them, assuring them, telling them it would be OK, they could rely on him.

Niall said on Sunday that Adrian's murder had come less than 24 hours after he visited him at home, 'just checking to see if we were OK, how we were doing'.

Niall said: 'He called up to see us on Thursday, the day before he died, just to see how things were going for us. He was great, and so was his colleague (former detective) Enda Rice, and they helped us so much. It's just terrible and shocking that he has been murdered'.

Tanya and Niall watched as their daughter walked towards the station door and gently placed the two bunches of flowers against the growing tide of floral tributes.

Niall held the baby close, as the queue slowly moved forward, and they waited their turn to pay their respects to a garda who went above and beyond the call of duty.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Off topic posts removed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement