Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Won't Connect

Options
  • 26-01-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I'm unable to access the internet today on my laptop. The wireless network symbol shows as being connected, and uTorrent will run ok. Also, my phone can connect to the Internet ok.

I've tried unsuccessfully on both Firefox and IE.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clarenman

reset the router

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

clarenman wrote: »
    reset the router

Still no luck.

Everything else is working fine, except the two browsers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try these steps, make sure to "Automatically Set Details" for both IP and also DNS/remove proxy server if un needed. Do you have fixed line broadband or mobile?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Try these steps, make sure to "Automatically Set Details" for both IP and also DNS/remove proxy server if un needed. Do you have fixed line broadband or mobile?

Nick

I'm using IE8 and Firefox 18, and those instructions don't really correspond to my settings.

I reset my internet settings within IE, and restarted my PC. I'm now posting from my laptop again!

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement