Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lesson street revision course

• 26-01-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hey :)

I was wondering has anyone been to a revision course at the IOE before and is it worth the money? Its quite expensive but I would not mind paying if it helps! :)

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I was there over the Christmas break at it was pretty good! You get all the notes which are good as well, although they are not out-of-this-world as some people have been saying! I would have done a lot more work in comparison to what I would have done by myself at home however the days can be long and drawling as the seats are a killer :pac: I did Irish oral as one of my subjects and although the notes are really basic and you don't really learn much extra I got to do two mock orals and it is really good preparation for getting used to spoken language seeing as your orals will be coming up after the Easter.
    I suppose you do get what you pay for although don't expect to be a genius after it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

kingcobra wrote: »
    I was there over the Christmas break at it was pretty good! You get all the notes which are good as well, although they are not out-of-this-world as some people have been saying! I would have done a lot more work in comparison to what I would have done by myself at home however the days can be long and drawling as the seats are a killer :pac: I did Irish oral as one of my subjects and although the notes are really basic and you don't really learn much extra I got to do two mock orals and it is really good preparation for getting used to spoken language seeing as your orals will be coming up after the Easter.
    I suppose you do get what you pay for although don't expect to be a genius after it :D

Seats are a fcuking disaster! I was there over Christmas too, what subjects did you do?

OP I honestly think it's only worth the money for your weakest subject. Personally I found that it didn't help significantly in the subjects I was reasonably comfortable with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Methememb wrote: »
    Seats are a fcuking disaster! I was there over Christmas too, what subjects did you do?

OP I honestly think it's only worth the money for your weakest subject. Personally I found that it didn't help significantly in the subjects I was reasonably comfortable with

I did Irish Oral, Physics B, Physics A and French in that order.
    Argghhh if the seats were better it most certainly, beyond any shadow of a doubt, be worth your money :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Ah, you weren't in my class so :P Yeah a cushion or two wouldnt have gone amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I did physics A and French, there was a lad in front of me in French with one of those travel cushions :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

I was there over Christmas too! I did the second English class and chemistry A after lunch, I found them both absolutely fantastic. They dump loads of notes on you, but they're good notes, and they go through them quickly with you. It was well worth it, I'm thinking of going again at Easter for French, I don't know, Irish or biology maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cmb94

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Advertisement