Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a cafe/bookshop/libary in the city?

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I know theres one in headford road - its an easons with a few tables and a coffee counter in it.
    I wonder if theres anything more in the city center that is similar - maybe nicer?

Or any cafe with a decent few books.
    or any libary bookshop with a place to sit that dont mind you bringing your own food or coffee.
    I just want to browse some books, pick one i find intersting, then sit down somewhere, and read it over a coffee - preferably somewhere with a relaxed environment and a nice view to!

thats the ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No. Join the library and bring one home maybe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I think that they sell coffee in the cupcake shop on Middle Street. Its based in the same building as a charity book shop. Maybe try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

the bookshop beside tesco has a coffee shop in the back with a few tables pretty sure thats what your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

the bookshop beside tesco has a coffee shop in the back with a few tables pretty sure thats what your looking for
    Thats what the op said in their post!

Renzo on Eyre Street had a collection of books (I think in association with Charlie Byrnes), havent been in there for a few months though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Thats what the op said in their post!

s**t sorry somehow missed the road part and just saw headford

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Renzo on Eyre Street had a collection of books (I think in association with Charlie Byrnes), havent been in there for a few months though.

Still has - I looked in the window yesterday. And yes they're selling for Charlie Byrnes.

Not quite sure how it works though: I cannot really see booksellers being happy for food-stickied hands to be touching their new books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Not quite sure how it works though: I cannot really see booksellers being happy for food-stickied hands to be touching their new books.

Nor can I see how the coffee shops work it...you could be supping one cup of coffee for an hour over a book...not conducive to quick turnaround I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JonnyFar89

There's a really good bookshop called 'Charlie Byrne's', it is on Middle Street, located in the corn store. There is a cafe in there as well across from the bookshop. Well worth a look!

Advertisement