Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad mini vs iPad 1/2 for movies/tv shows?

• 26-01-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I've had the iPad 1 for about 2 years and I am considering upgrading to the iPad mini. It would be a big step up in terms of RAM, CPU, etc.

What I mostly use my iPad 1 for is watching movies and tv shows from my network attached storage and reading books. But I'm worried that the 7.9 inch screen on the iPad mini will annoy me when I am watching something on it.

I'm trying to get a sense of the size difference and was wondering if anyone could tell me - would watching something in landscape on the iPad mini be the same size as watching something in portrait on the iPad 1 that I have now? Or would the mini be a bit bigger or a bit smaller than that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Okay, I actually found info on the sizes. iPad is 7.31 inches left-to-right standing up (portrait) and the mini is 7.87 inches left-to-right on its side (landscape). So watching a movie on the mini would be slightly larger (half an inch) than watching in portrait mode on the iPad.

Does anyone here have experience using both? Which would ye recommend to get, iPad 2 or iPad mini?

Advertisement