Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cahill's Newsagents, Tramore

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Great shop, particularly since their expansion, but awful customer service, just awful. I love going there as I'm in to my arts and crafts so am always picking up paper etc but why do they feel the need to follow me or someone who's with me wherever we go in the shop, and when we eventually get to the till we're lucky if we get a smile. The youngish girl is not too bad, but the middle aged couple are atrocious.

Do they not realise how obvious they are trailing me around, pretending to sort out shelves etc. I don't look rough so I can't understand it. I love the shop but it puts me off going in there... it's not just me either, my partners family gets it when they are there and a few of my mates have said the same.

Are they victims of regular shoplifting or what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Can't say I agree with you there, its the most laid-back place I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I don't agree at all. They don't follow anybody, they are too busy. There's so much products everywhere that they are sorting things constantly.

I also don't agree with the service part although there is only one person, a girl in her 20's who never smiles otherwise they are cheerful and helpful. Plus...there is no couple.

If you ever need anything whatsoever, they will help you and order it for you etc.

It's known as the everything shop to many people. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

I got to disagree with you too, I never get followed around (and i do sometimes look like the kind of person who would shoplift lol), I've always been treated with a smile and once when i was 30c short they said it was okay and let me have the items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Fair enough lads, I must be shiftier looking than I thought lol. Just said I'd say it as it's happened to me 3 times now and the last time I had my 2 kids with me. The guy with the beard followed us up to the back and was following us around until he was stopped by a question from another customer. Then I was in the other part of the shop and the younger girl came over to the aisle we were on and rustled a few things pretending to be fixing it up. It's only when she eavesdropped on our conversation and starting talking to my daughter she realised we were ok. Once she finished talking she just went back to the till. When I went up to pay I was struggling to get my wallet out as I had my toddler in my arms. There was no offer of a bag or any help which I found odd.

I mentioned it to my partner and she said her mother and grandmother had a similar experience.

I have seen them joking and laughing with some older, probably 'regular' customers in fairness but I haven't had a decent service experience.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Never ever noticed people being followed in the shop! There always chaotic in there to take notice. The staff are there a long time also. You sure they were not just looking at stock or anything? Never even heard or seen anybody being followed!

I can't think of any couple or a guy with a beard. The only male staff (two IIRC) is the owner and a guy who seems to help bring in crates of stock from the store. I can't remember ever seeing them do anything other than stock. The female staff are two middle aged and one younger girl (not there as long as the two middle aged ladies), sometimes they are floating around the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

ive been in there a good few times myself have never saw a guy with a beard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

OP, is your real name "Blackie"? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

mitosis wrote: »
    OP, is your real name "Blackie"? :pac:

That's gone way over my head? :confused:

Looks like I'm the only one experiencing this! The guy I'm talking about with the beard has a grey stubbly beard and glasses and for the record I've never been in there and seen it chaotic. The last time I was there there was only myself + kids and an elderly lady. . Anyway, case closed, I'm either super-paranoid or they don't like the look of me.

If you could close the thread that'd be great Sully, don't want to look like I'm badmouthing anyone as I genuinely like the shop!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As requested.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement