Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in PR

Options
  • 26-01-2013 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi to all. I would be greatful for a bit of advice. I am strongly considering a Diploma course in PR run by the www.europeaninstitute.ie . The course looks interesting and would give me a basic qualification in an area I am already active in. Has anyone undertaken this course and would you recommend it? The one concern I have is that, on top of the €1900 course fee for the year, the books they suggest you would need to read, would add at least, another €1000 to the cost. Are you required to purchase these books or are all study materials provided during the course. Thank you in advance for any assistance given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I did my PR diploma in the Fitzwilliam Institute, it is basically the same and they went through the same crap saying you needed all these books. However, I bought one and it did me. Having said that I had worked in PR for two years before I started the course and I also have a journalism qualification so much of it wasn't new to me.

I certainly wouldn't think that you need to spend €1,000 on books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnSo

Hi,

I'm thinking of registering with Fitzwilliam institute (Ireland) for their Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management - Distance Learning Course.

Since it's quite expensive (around 1200 euros), I would like to know if anyone has registered with them, and what are your opinion on the course.

Thanks for your help,
    AnnSo

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

I did my diploma with the European Institute and can't flaw them. Eugene and the team are amazing. In terms of books, I really only bought 3 of them and got them 2nd hand too - think I paid about €100 in total.

There's a lot to it OP, 2 nights each week for 3 hours, plus assignments, extra reading and ensuring that you're constantly aware of current affairs so just make sure you're ready for the commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 michellepinto

I maybe a little off here but why not do a masters instead of a diploma? Isn't that better and have more value?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

It's the same course. The qualification at the end will depend on whether you have a degree or not AFAIK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement