Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone speed 3G iPhone 5

• 26-01-2013 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi all I put €20 on my rtg sim tonight I done 2 speed test and my 20€ was gone.
    Look at my download speed on the Vodafone network 24mb download wow.

Just not sure if there 4g network is up and running but it cost me a bit to find out. Anyone else seen these speeds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

I'm on bill and only get top speeds of about 3 or 4 mb on 3G which is ok, never seen anything like that on 3G, must do a retest when I get into coverage. (Can only get cellular data 'o' at home when not connected to Wifi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I'm on bill and only get top speeds of about 3 or 4 mb on 3G which is ok, never seen anything like that on 3G, must do a retest when I get into coverage. (Can only get cellular data 'o' at home when not connected to Wifi)

I'm the same as you. I've never seen speeds like what the op has posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

wush06 wrote: »
    Just not sure if there 4g network is up and running but it cost me a bit to find out. Anyone else seen these speeds.

Ye those speeds are possible in some areas. 4G ? No yet and even it it was I believe you'll need a new phone to get it when it is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

I'm going to ring Vodafone in a bit to see what happen to my €20.

I'm going to ring Vodafone in a bit to see what happen to my €20.

Have a look here you are charged 99c for a 50MB daily allowance then €1 per mb so I guess if the speed test used ~70mb your credit would be used up ?

according to speedtest.net ..
    ''Our goal is to pick the right amount of data that you can download in 10 seconds, ensuring we get enough for an accurate result but not take too long'' so I guess 35mb+ in 10 seconds is possible with the speeds you achieved .. 2 tests 70mb +

Ring them, they'll give you free credit I'd say as good will gesture

• Advertisement

Thanks v10 that sounds about right. I gave them a call and they did give me 10 euro credit but he told me the 4g was not up and running yet so what do you think of the download speed that I was getting.

Thanks v10 that sounds about right. I gave them a call and they did give me 10 euro credit but he told me the 4g was not up and running yet so what do you think of the download speed that I was getting.

You can get those speeds around Dublin, I've got them before but not very often .. normally about 8 here in Naas

.. just done a test there and it used 12.5mb .. speed was 8mb/s down 3 up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

They began rolling out 48Mbps capable DC-HSDPA+ the middle of last year. It's not 4G, just the latest evolution of 3G. It's very quick where you can get it though - very fast download and extremely low ping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Speeds above 20MBit are very common in cities with the iPhone5 and newer iPads as they support dual channel HSPA+. If you look at Vodafones coverage prediction then any areas with 'Performance Pro' will potentially have these speeds.

Attached is the fastest I've seen.

Ok so you say the speeds are there but looking at v10 counts of it with 50mb for 99c how can you keep within that limit.

At 24mb download speed rtg is not the way to go or am I wrong.
    Just to say I'm hype about the speed but at what cost.

• Advertisement

Ok so you say the speeds are there but looking at v10 counts of it with 50mb for 99c how can you keep within that limit.

At 24mb download speed rtg is not the way to go or am I wrong.
    Just to say I'm hype about the speed but at what cost.

Well the speed is not really what determines how much you download, but I suppose you could say with slow speeds you're less likely to be browsing as much.

An alternative is their 30 day plans, for €25 per month you could get free calls & texts (to Vodafone) and 1.5GB per month internet allowance but you'd be on bill pay then albeit only a 1 month contract.

v10 just been on the Vodafone site and cant find that offer do you have a link.

Thanks

v10 just been on the Vodafone site and cant find that offer do you have a link.

Thanks

Dunno about their website but the plan is the 30 day my way plus which is €15 per month and includes free calls & texts to Vodafone and 500mb data, then you can add a further 1gb data for €10 so €25 pm total.

Advertisement