Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Client logo and testimonial carousel slider rotater

Options
  • 26-01-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, I've been searching for about 2 hours and can't find what I'm after in any plugin.

I basically want to have a banner which can be placed on any page on my site and appear like the one with the wilson/spalding brand logo's here: http://www.bigfootbasketball.co.uk/

I like the fact it's black and white, looks clean, simple left/right buttons but still displays enough logo's not to have scrolling a huge concern.

On top of this, I'd also like that when a user hovers over a logo, a testimonial will appear, either in a pop up container, or even below as demonstrated here:
    http://codecanyon.net/item/dzs-testimonial-rotator-jquery-powered/full_screen_preview/3004272

The above would probably suffice but I don't know if:
    a) the images can be not circular
    b) the images can rotate
    c) there can be clickable links in the testimonial below

Does anyone know of a plugin that will do exactly what I want out of the box in an easy to use way? I've seen the same style black/white crisp and clean client/partner logo section on so many themes when I was looking for a WP theme so I'm surprised there's not a logo/testimonial plugin combined.

Here's another one, but just has the logo's rotate without much in terms of interaction:
    http://slidervilla.com/placid/sliding-logo-demo/

If anyone has any suggestions, please share :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

A quick look at the source code in the basketball site leads us to this script:

http://caroufredsel.dev7studios.com/examples/carousel-lightbox-tooltip.php

Which has the options to use tooltips or lightbox effects on the slides.

So a bit of customisation and you should be bale to achieve what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thank you for that, I had actually seen that plugin too :) unfortunately, I'm looking for a solution that will mean not having to edit the parent theme though.. :

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

cormie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a solution that will mean not having to edit the parent theme though.. :

Use a child theme - http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Thanks, I'm pretty sure my site is designed with a child theme but I was under the impression that to customise anything like this, it would need to be done within the parent theme, meaning that if the theme was updated, it may lose it's settings. Also, if it was done in a plugin, if wordpress was updated then it might lose compatibility too.

I might have to get it built from scratch if I want it the way I was thinking so?

Thank you for that, I had actually seen that plugin too :) unfortunately, I'm looking for a solution that will mean not having to edit the parent theme though.. :

Well that is a standalone script. It has nothing to do with themes and plugins or Wordpress. So it doesn't really matter what theme you are using, just add the script paths into the header of your site and off you go.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the reply. Would the theme in wordpress not have to adjust the script to get it to display the way I want though in the style I want? Sorry I'm a bit new to this theme/script thing :o

Thanks again for the reply. Would the theme in wordpress not have to adjust the script to get it to display the way I want though in the style I want? Sorry I'm a bit new to this theme/script thing :o

Well, if you didn't need to be able to add/edit logos in the carousel via the Wordpress backend you could just drop this script into your chosen theme and it would work fine. This would require some editing of the Wordpress theme files though but I presume you would be doing that anyway.

Thanks for that. Yeah, once I've a few logo's/testimonials set, I wouldn't be changing them too often so that might work. Would an edit of a child theme do it or would the parent theme have to be edited I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Would an edit of a child theme do it or would the parent theme have to be edited I wonder?

Yes - the child theme can override as much or as little of the parent as you like.

Great, thanks a lot for your help! Will hopefully get it sorted :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement