Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoPro Hero 3 Black - cheapest place to buy?

Options
  • 26-01-2013 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for the advice from anyone who's recently bought a GoPro 3 Black edition... where's the cheapest place you've found to buy?

I see it's around €300 in the US and €449 here (both direct from GoPro), huge difference. Would the best plan just be to wait for someone travelling over from America? Or is there a reasonably priced US Parcel Motel equivalent.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

J o e wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking for the advice from anyone who's recently bought a GoPro 3 Black edition... where's the cheapest place you've found to buy?

I see it's around €300 in the US and €449 here (both direct from GoPro), huge difference. Would the best plan just be to wait for someone travelling over from America? Or is there a reasonably priced US Parcel Motel equivalent.

Thanks

Good chance of getting caught for customs bringing it in by post/courier. Someone traveling is your best option. Dont forget to add in sales tax, that will close the gap a little bit (not to mention you wont get that good an exchange rate in reality). If someone is carrying it for you be aware there is an high level of theft from checked in bags in the US and its better to carry it in hand luggage.

Finally id say im pretty pissed off with how **** my Hero 3 Black has been. It ate a 64gb mem card (sandisk warranty will cover it though). Battery life is terrible and software is buggy as hell. Constant freezes, wifi control unreliable, eating recordings (you just get x minutes of black) etc. Its not just me either seems to me seems to be standard enough. Im hopping they can rectify most of the issues in software but its a bit worrying how bad it is. Also the newer battery bacpac is crap the older one is better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi all

Thanks

Ebay USA...worked a treat for me for my Go Pro.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

paddy147 wrote: »
    Ebay USA...worked a treat for me for my Go Pro.:D

Did you get stung for import duty when it was shipped here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Did you get stung for import duty when it was shipped here?

NOPE...:D:D

Advertisement