Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESPNScrum Six Nations Fantasy

Options
  • 26-01-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

well lads, just thought id throw up a thread for this, incase anyone missed it i set up a private league for Boards.ie & BR Ireland lads who want to give this ago, i know a few of you have already joined, so why dont the rest of ya'll give it a shot? (think of the bragging rights :D)

http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/
    BR Ireland & Boards

Your League PIN: 21212

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

signed up there, they have players in weird positions which makes picking teams a bit of a pain! like Fofana....Centre but can't select him there only outsidebacks? weird!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

yeah i noticed that myself with Fofana! hes still worth a pick even on the wing, perhaps hes played more matches on the wing lately?

I think my favourite part of it so far is checking out everyone elses teams! im seeing a lot of people picking on reputation from previous 6 nations, even though certain players are set to miss the whole tournament!

One thing im undecided on is the way you can pick any 3 front row and outside back 3 players? no specific hooker or fullback option.. i wouldn't mind too much in the backrow as most players can and do switch positions during matches too suit opposition..

Getting excited for the first weekends action now! need to think of an excuse to get out of working saturday thou, this is the only weekend the Ireland match clashes with work for me..

TheJims wrote: »
    yeah i noticed that myself with Fofana! hes still worth a pick even on the wing, perhaps hes played more matches on the wing lately?

I think my favourite part of it so far is checking out everyone elses teams! im seeing a lot of people picking on reputation from previous 6 nations, even though certain players are set to miss the whole tournament!

One thing im undecided on is the way you can pick any 3 front row and outside back 3 players? no specific hooker or fullback option.. i wouldn't mind too much in the backrow as most players can and do switch positions during matches too suit opposition..

Getting excited for the first weekends action now! need to think of an excuse to get out of working saturday thou, this is the only weekend the Ireland match clashes with work for me..

The irishtimes one you don't even pick positions, just 8 forwards! I was picking for one of the girls at the weekend and went and looked at rules, I picked a pack of Heaslip parrisse, SOB dusiteor etc VERY dynamic - picked players guarateed to play and then most likely to get a try!

least this one has a semblance of positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

any good site for team and squad announcements?

i find espnscrum.com the best for European news, rumors and all that, if you can look past their english biased... i read this this morning and actually got a lil angry with the selections..

http://www.espnscrum.com/lions-tour-2013/rugby/story/176178.html

planetrugby.com is ok too..

• Advertisement

TheJims wrote: »
    i find espnscrum.com the best for European news, rumors and all that, if you can look past their english biased... i read this this morning and actually got a lil angry with the selections..

http://www.espnscrum.com/lions-tour-2013/rugby/story/176178.html

planetrugby.com is ok too..

that lions team on ESPN you linked is appalling!!:eek:

yeah and its not even a "Team of the Week" thats a "Team of the Season so far" ... absolutely disgusting..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

lol some arent even 2nd choice in that position for there country ha

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I usually play the Irish Times one, but my biggest issue with the current crop of online fantasy rugby games is that there is no notion of positions.

Players seem to just be thrown into a group to allow people to pick a team, even if they have no clue on the positions being played.

I "think" I'd much rather pick a team that conforms to some set of rules, for example picking a tight head at tight head, knowing, or at least with an idea of who he is up against, and would pick up points against for his scrummaging. But this idea, doesn't just scale well across all 15 positions.

At the moment my Irish Times forwards are all pretty much back row players, with a hint of Cian Healy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    The irishtimes one you don't even pick positions, just 8 forwards! I was picking for one of the girls at the weekend and went and looked at rules, I picked a pack of Heaslip parrisse, SOB dusiteor etc VERY dynamic - picked players guarateed to play and then most likely to get a try!
    !

Hah! That's so silly! Oh my. I could see there being certain issues in terms of the backrow, but positions like prop and hooker should be easy enough to hardcode in. Oh my.

• Advertisement

remembered that I needed to set the team properly now that the starting teams all announced, but since I was on my way across the water for the wales match late friday night I changed on my phone.. and none of my changes where saved! :(

had twelvetress in in place for tulagi and log in today expecting good things... bloody tulagi still there! BASTARDS! :(

Some ground to catch now!

I made the opposite type of mistake, came in Friday night after a few pints and changed one or 2 names around, and didn't realize until last night .. why on earth would i change Castrogiovanni for stupid A. Jones??

BOD and Farrell were the players of the weekend! so if you had both of them your laughing.. i sadly had neither.. serves me right for not picking BOD :(

Also thought Parrisse should of getting MOTM for Italy, instead their little waiter/flyhalf got it!

Lets not forget, we can now make up to 5 changes before the next round this weekend, but theres a max of 15 changes for the whole tourney!

Advertisement