Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco ecp3925 to DIR-655

Options
  • 26-01-2013 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Just got UPC broadband and the modem they sent out is woeful for wireless connectivity, just going into the next room from it and I drop the signal.

Have an Old DLink DIR655 router that I was thinking about hooking up to it but I've no idea how to go about doing it. I'm guessing I should put the 3925 in bridge mode and then hook it up to the DIR. How exactly do I go about doing that and is it even worthwhile, would it improve the wireless signal or just be a waste of time?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you have a look at the talk to UPC forum and elsewhere too you will see lots of people are dissatisfied with the Cisco - have you tried experimenting with the positioning of the Cisco?

It is quite easy to attach another router and if it doesn't things you can always revert. Access the linksys in the usual way - it should http://192 etc etc (I cant remember what it is) turn off the wifi and turn off the routing save the changes and attach your new router and see what happens to the wifi signal.

Friend of mine gets excellent wifi with an attached router to the cisco but he had to experiment a good bit to get the optimum positioning for the wifi router.

Advertisement