Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 4th Round

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Am I the only one who finds it difficult to consider Luton as a fifth tier team ?

They got where they are mainly on points deductions and its not that long ago since they were only a few points of the championship playoff spots late in the season.

There beating of Norwich does not seem to have the same giantkilling ring to it as Sutton Utd's win over Coventry did in 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Am I the only one who finds it difficult to consider Luton as a fifth tier team ?

They got where they are mainly on points deductions and its not that long ago since they were only a few points of the championship playoff spots late in the season.

There beating of Norwich does not seem to have the same giantkilling ring to it as Sutton Utd's win over Coventry did in 1989

Lutons giantkilling is a bigger feat than that of Sutton because for the last few years they have almost gone out of business on numerous occasions.

Their fans deserve the win today as well as the people who stuck by them through the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

markie29 wrote: »
    Lutons giantkilling is a bigger feat than that of Sutton because for the last few years they have almost gone out of business on numerous occasions.

Their fans deserve the win today as well as the people who stuck by them through the years.

The good Father is right though - Sutton were a much smaller club than Luton are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

markie29 wrote: »

Your kind of making my point for me.
    The numerous administrations and the resulting points deductions are a major factor in why Luton are in the fifth level, not their ability on the field (I'll back it up with facts on Monday)

Plus back in 89 Coventry were at least 20 years continuous first division team.
    Over the past 20 years Norwich have spend most of it in the second tier and even spent a year lower, and only a handful higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Luton Town to cause an upset. Cmon the Hatters!

good call mr flair;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Brentford 1-0 up after 44 minutes against Chelsea and deserved lead too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Chelsea will score a minimum of 3 in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

double GG wrote: »
    Chelsea will score a minimum of 3 in the 2nd half.

LOL, not with torres up front. I have literally never seen a player offer so little but still play so much for a team in my life. Why does benitez like him so much:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

2-1 to the bees :-)

"kings of europe" under pressure lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MUSEIST wrote: »
    LOL, not with torres up front. I have literally never seen a player offer so little but still play so much for a team in my life. Why does benitez like him so much:confused:

Indeed..................:D

Torres should be booked for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Torres should be booked for that.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Fair play to Brentford, very entertaining game to watch.

double GG wrote: »
    What?

Well he scored, I assume he had to have cheated in some way :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Some decent upsets this weekend, Liverpool to get tanked 3-1 to Oldham later to round it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Why are there so many empty seats behind the Leeds goal?

1-0 Leeds, did well to keep his nerve, had a lot of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yahoo cmon Leeds.

Good finish from Varney.

Segregation I'd imagine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It was on the instruction of the police. It reduced capacity by 2,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Segregation I'd imagine?

If it was a vertical strip I'd have said yeah, but it seems to be the whole lower tier.

Some decent upsets this weekend, Liverpool to get tanked 3-1 to Oldham later to round it off.

Put your money where your mouth is then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bale claiming a dive...even better the replay showed how clear the nudge was.

Spurs in trouble now, great finish by McCormack. Leeds 2-0 Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quality finish as I thought he would bottle it but he took the strike on beautifully.

Awful, awful defending it has to be said.

Has there been a change in advantage this season? Referees seems to be allowing much longer this season before coming back to freekicks.

Add Spurs to that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Super start by Oldham. 1-0.

Put your money where your mouth is then :D

Of course I did this and will now lay it off... :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement