Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC visa process, step 1...

Options
  • 26-01-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Taught is would be a good idea to start a new thread on the first few stages of applying for this visa. There seems to be a fair bit of confusion amongst other threads so maybe we can start fresh here and do a step 1 step 2 sort of process. What ya think?Feel free to add as we are all in the same boat.:)

Step 1: Register for the GC Key.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

I cant see why people are registering for this when it clearly states that step 1 is to do an eligibility assessment. if accepted then upload a letter from the Canadian embassy to a CIC account.

There's nothing wrong with registering for this now but its definitely not step 1. People seem to be getting into a panic about this visa, I think everyone should just relax until the program officially opens. 5350 visas are not going to go in 1 day!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartyLK

Agree Sully plus after you get the conditional acceptance at stage 1 you have 6 months to open the myCIC account and get everything in. Also when the myCIC account is open I've heard it only stays active for 60 days so in a situation that you are waiting to get some documents etc this could be an issue!
    Think it's actually over 6000 permits this year too!!

Marty

Advertisement