Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best iPad Browser that supports flash/streaming

Options
  • 26-01-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi All,

What in your experience is the best browser to support flash on the iPad?

I have seen skyfire and similar browsers in the App Store are they any use?

I'm looking for a browser that with a decent wifi connection would allow me watch/steam tv shows off tvlinks.com or similar?

Any info or tips would be appreciated..

The Cig..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

An Cigire wrote: »
    I'm looking for a browser that with a decent wifi connection

When you say browser, do you mean tablet? Browsers don't have wifi connections, the underlying device does.

As for flash:
    iPads don't support flash at all. Skyfire runs the flash on their own server and effectively sends you a video stream (non-flash) of whatever the flash is showing.
    There is no recent flash player for Android tablets, older versions may still be available but you will soon realise why flash support was dropped.

In short, flash on a tablet will not be a pleasant experience even if you can get it. Is there any chance you can change the source so that it's not using flash?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Hey Graham,

Apoligies I meant if my iPad had a good & fast speed wifi connection which I have, would that support a browser like skyfire streaming a tv show..

I have also heard of puffin iPad browser.. Any reviews on that?

I have recently discovered a way to download torrents onto my iPad 2 non jail broken which I'm delighted with and was wondering are any of the App Store payed browsers that claim to support flas any use?

Take a look at this review of a service similar to SkyFire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh9cay_dwY

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Cheers for that Graham, I find a free trial of puffin going try it out.

Just out of interest, any chance you can post back once you've tried it out. I'd like to know if flash 'solutions' are still as ropey as they used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I like iSwifter for flash streaming. Hasn't let me down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

There's another browser called Photon that has got great reviews:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photon-flash-player-private/id453546382?mt=8

Its not free though.

Review here:

Advertisement