Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiment Copies

• 26-01-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

What do we need them for? I know that I will not be getting any points for them and that not having exp copy will not make me fail the subject.

Then why are inspectors checking them?
    Can someone please explain why should I bother doing them?

Thanks,
    -Mario852

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Well the SEC think that doing the experiments and writing a report for them is pretty essential for learning science and doing an experiment copy is a good way of reinforcing this practice, which you'll be doing in college anyway if you go the science route. It helps students remember the experiments also, it's kind of like homework in a way I suppose.
    Apparently, for physics anyway, the experiment copies are never ever ever checked according to my physics teacher (who is totally useless by the way) so we don't do experiment copies although I'm doing one myself as it helps me remember the experiments, which we rarely do properly, if at all!
    Now by Biology teacher might feel differently towards experiment copies and I certainly wouldn't want to get on her bad side by not doing the experiments :pac: I would say you're better off doing an experiment copy as you will remember the experiments better at the very least.

Advertisement