Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel - Trying to create a table to track Premier League results each week

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I have what seems to be a very complex ask however I will go ahead with what I would like to do. Each week I would like to import the Sat and Sunday games from English Prmier league from the internet. This data will be refreshed each week.
    I would then like to apply 4 points if the score is correct in the predictions tab and 1 point if the result is correct. There will be 10 sets of predictions in the predictions tab each week.

Thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

have you just copy & pasted match results with their links to match reports into excel? So how do you intend on importing the results? XML or rss or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ste1605

I have imported the data from a website using the the data tab and import, I would then refresh this data each week taking the latest results only from the previous weekend...

I have imported using XML though could import in text format iof needed

I have decided against importing the results from the web - for now, I will update the results in to excel each week manually. I have attached the latest template and would like some help with the formuals.

The results are in the first columns. The result A,B,C I would like a formula to decide if it is either of the outcomes on the spreadsheet, based on this result it should assign the correct number of pointd based on the predictions of the guys. These points should go in to Scores box.

Would love some help on this cheers.

Advertisement