Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floodlight With PIR wiring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

A bit unsure of what way you want it to work. But yeah Live, Earth & Neutral it will work off the sensor. When the sensor detects movement it sends power to LS which causes the light to switch on.

You do not need to touch the LS connection if you want it to work off the sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The force the light on feature is inbuilt into the light sensor. Just dont turn it of and quickly back on if you dont want to use that feature.

If you had a 2 gang switch wired out to the light, you could manually switch it on and off with the second switch wired into LS connector.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Ah OK so you'd have it wired up to the light switch rather than a constant live, meaning for it to work the switch would need to be on. Currently theres a light fitting with a (broken) separate sensor a meter away, and it worked regardless of switch. If you want to force it on you flick switch to on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

if you have a constant live you wire it into the block marked L this will mean the fitting will operate via the p.i.r. if you have a switched live and wire it into the block marked L this means the switch will only stop the light from operating on p.i.r. however if you wire this into SL this will turn the light on/off regardless of the p.i.r. really you need both a constant live and a switched live to get the most from this fitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

salmocab wrote: »
    if you have a constant live you wire it into the block marked L this will mean the fitting will operate via the p.i.r. if you have a switched live and wire it into the block marked L this means the switch will only stop the light from operating on p.i.r. however if you wire this into SL this will turn the light on/off regardless of the p.i.r. really you need both a constant live and a switched live to get the most from this fitting

A lot of these pir lights are designed for a single switched feed. Switch on for PIR operation. Off for it to not come on at all, or with it on, switch off and quickly back on for switching on of light like a normal light.

If a permanent live is brought out to it, then you wont be able to prevent it coming on if that is required for some reason.

With a 2 gang switch, it could be used both as a normal light, or pir light, without needing to use the quick off-on switching. But most will just be wired with one possible live out to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement