Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Househole waste collection Shankill

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all. I have just moved to Shankill and was wondering if Panda are the only company that collect the black,green and brown bins. Or is there other companies that do it as well. I actually dont have any bins so was wondering to i have to buy bins from the company i sign up to or are they free????
    Any info greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Greenstar should be there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭smokey32

Am i correct in saying that Panda collect household waste in Shankill???????

Panda definitely do. Haven't any greenstar brown bins in my estate.

Brown bins are a con, more expensive

ted1 wrote: »
    Brown bins are a con, more expensive

They've a cheaper lift, and a cheaper per kilo charge. If you get most of your waste into the brown and green bins you save money.

• Advertisement

They've a cheaper lift, and a cheaper per kilo charge. If you get most of your waste into the brown and green bins you save money.
    No there not, with the extra annual charge you need to put in over a ton to break even, do the maths.
    There like 5 cents cheaper but an extra 22 euro year. You'll never fill it enough to break even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭smokey32

Panda definitely do. Haven't any greenstar brown bins in my estate.
    Hi. Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how payment to Panda works. Is it possible just to buy a tag for the black bin anytime i need to put it out or are there other payments involved?????

ted1 wrote: »
    No there not, with the extra annual charge you need to put in over a ton to break even, do the maths.
    There like 5 cents cheaper but an extra 22 euro year. You'll never fill it enough to break even

It's 11cent per kilo cheaper, and 64cent cheaper per lift. I have spent less on bin charges since getting the brown bin. I rarely put out the black bin. The brown bin is regularly full.
    smokey32 wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the info. Can you tell me how payment to Panda works. Is it possible just to buy a tag for the black bin anytime i need to put it out or are there other payments involved?????

Unfortunately there's no tagging system that I know of.

More info here;

http://www.panda.ie/household/dun-laoghairerathdown/general-information.html

The annual charge is 22 euro that means you have to put the bin out 34 times just to make that back. The bin is smaller so it doesn't hold as much, including the lift this means thar an average it's not 11c cheaper as the lift charge is being divided by less kilos.
    I'm on my phone but have done out a sheet before that proves its dearer.

Have you paid the 22 upfront ? That maybe why it appears cheaper.

Advertisement