Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance waiting times

Options
  • 26-01-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi

Hope somebody can help and this right place or this question.

Myself and my boyfriend are looking for a place in Tallaght that accepts rent allowance. We have our deposit and first months rent saved.

I have heard of delays with getting the rent allowance process? Does anybody know how long it takes? I presume we have to pay full rent in the meantime. What happens to this and our first months rent do we get it back at all.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rebecca82

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hi

Hope somebody can help and this right place or this question.

Myself and my boyfriend are looking for a place in Tallaght that accepts rent allowance. We have our deposit and first months rent saved.

I have heard of delays with getting the rent allowance process? Does anybody know how long it takes? I presume we have to pay full rent in the meantime. What happens to this and our first months rent do we get it back at all.

Thanks in advance

I'm in tallaght myself moved bk to Dublin and into our new place July 2012 we had t sign onto the county council waited on date for our interview then with waiting for bill in our names etc rent allowance took I think 7 wks in total and it was all backdated from time we moved into house. Hope this helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Thanks for such a quick reply, that's not too bad 7 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I think to qualify for RA you need to show you have been paying rent for the past 6 months & then had changes (job loss etc) so you couldn't afford it.
    Or you need to be currently in receipt to be looking at moving.
    Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

zef wrote: »
    I think to qualify for RA you need to show you have been paying rent for the past 6 months & then had changes (job loss etc) so you couldn't afford it.
    Or you need to be currently in receipt to be looking at moving.
    Could be wrong though.

Yeah we fill all the criteria, just want to know what current delays in tallaght are like. as I heard of delays as it's all processed in one place now.

Advertisement