Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCA Work Experience

• 26-01-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm in 5th year and I do LCVP, We start work experience soon and I haven't found anything good yet, I was told I had pick one related to our career choice. I got somewhere good last year in ty, and want to know if I could get away with writing my report on last year's work. Some others in my year plan to do that however our teacher told us we get no marks if they find out we do that.

Opinions?

Edit: sorry, got confused ignore the title meant LCVP.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your teacher is right.
    Do this year's work experience this year.
    It's a lot more important in LCA than in TY as credits rely on it.
    If you can't find something 'good' just go and do any type of work. You will learn something from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

spurious wrote: »
    Your teacher is right.
    Do this year's work experience this year.
    It's a lot more important in LCA than in TY as credits rely on it.
    If you can't find something 'good' just go and do any type of work. You will learn something from it.

Sorry, meant LCVP don't know why I said LCA. I imagine your point still is the same though . Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know whether it's actually assessed in LCVP, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

We have to do the same, because apparently the examiners don't want to hear you talk about TY work experience, i really don't know why though. I'm not even doing the work experience write up, we're doing the 'My Own Place' task, but for the interview as well they seem to want work experience you have done in 5th year.

Advertisement