Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian food shops?

• 26-01-2013 4:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is an Asian food store in limerick? Thought there was one near silkes but it was closed when I went past last weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

There's a really big one near Laurel Hill/ Project school/ Model school/Redemptorist church. It looks small on the outside but once you go in it's big and has steps down to a hall of about 4-5 aisle of Asian food! It's great! It's called Cheong Heng Hong : http://www.whoseview.ie/business/Cheong-Heng-Hong-Oriental-Supermarket-Limerick-City-Limerick-918591.html
    There's also a few around the city but I don't know the names, they're also good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

MomijiHime wrote: »
    It's called Cheong Heng Hong

This one is at the top of Henry Street, near the Limerick Post. As said, it's a lot bigger than it looks. Mostly Chinese style stuff.

There's another down by Perry Square that seems to have more of an Indian/Pakistani influence. I haven't been shopping there yet myself, but it was recommended to me by a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There's 3 smaller ones too.
    A tiny one called C&C on Catherine St near the pub (Fla's?) it opens after 10am afaik
    another on Wickham St that's decent sized, it's beside YaYa's they've Teddys and bags and stuff
    and one called 365 I think (it's blue) on Roches St a few doors down from where Sky was, it's close to the Wickham st shop
    There's 2 Parnell St one beside Tech Centre and one closer to the fish place on Uppr William St

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a good one on Davis St, near Tait's clock and there's one on Parnell St near the dry cleaners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eyeofbuddha

I would also recommend Cheong Heng Hong, they do have a fairly good range of products (they also supply many local Asian restaurants).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I would also recommend Cheong Heng Hong, they do have a fairly good range of products (they also supply many local Asian restaurants).

This place is worth a visit for the experience - They stock a huge amount of interesting stuff, not least 20kg sacks of MSG! You may also recognise the orange kung po 'whatever' dye etc. etc.

Advertisement