Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YoursSincerely's Study Log

Options
  • 26-01-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi guys,YoursSincerely here, 18 and from Cork. Hoping to study Theoretical Physics in Trinity next year (points 565), if not that then Physics through Science in Trinity and i'm really hoping that by starting this log, it might get me a bit more focused.
    Target Points: i'll be happy as long as i get my course, i dont want to say 600 points because if i give my self that high of a target i'll be very upset when i don't get it. So really, i just want 565.

Subjects
    Maths - A1
    English - A2/B1
    Irish - A2/B1
    French - A2/B1
    Applied Maths - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Physics - A1
    Accounting A1

As you can see I like numbers and languages would be my weaker subjects. Irish is my weakest out of all of them, I've had three teachers in the past two years and none of them have been great, will probably end up getting grinds before the oral. Studywise, i usually write out notes then, once i'm finised writing up notes i'll just take a tennis ball and throw it againt a wall talking through what i've just learned.
    Anyway, Better get back to study now, I'll check in again later :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Theoretical Physics ? Nice one! Im doing basically the same subjects, except German instead of french, and no accounting. I've a question: How do you study physics? I find it a tough one. I can do exercise in the book and that, but as soon as I go to the exam papers the questions really piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Methememb wrote: »
    Theoretical Physics ? Nice one! Im doing basically the same subjects, except German instead of french, and no accounting. I've a question: How do you study physics? I find it a tough one. I can do exercise in the book and that, but as soon as I go to the exam papers the questions really piss me off.

Yeah i'm a physics nerd, I was thinking about computer science because computers are awesome but there wasn't enough maths in it for me :p I tend to try and write notes on A4 blank sheets, like a spider diagram but with more detail. The papers can be obscure, personally, i dont spend a lot of time on exercises in the book, if you want to practise questions when your studying why not try this website http://www.thephysicsteacher.ie/leavingcertphysicshome.html
    If you download the word documents, they give notes and then all the past exam questions that have come up just in a list, sometimes the way they are layed out in a paper can be daunting, just working your way through the list of questions on those docs can be easier.
    website above has a link to all of the experiments typed up on a4 sheets, simple, to the point and easy to read, i use them to study experiments, the book can make things way too complicated

Unreal stuff, thanks a million!

Today will be producctive i swear!
    Going to do some maths papers, then applied maths study then some macbeth, after that we'll see what happens

Spent the morning doing maths and applied maths papers, Now doing a bit of Chemistry for a break, then i'll get onto Macbeth

Also discovered through the maths papers that i hate logs and need to revise them badly!

• Advertisement

Just realised i had a lot more french homework than i thought so now i gotta scramble and do that. Hopefully then i'll finish some Macbeth and try to go to bed early.

It's 22 days to my mocks, wow the ammount of work i have to do is really starting to scare me!

Just realised i had a lot more french homework than i thought so now i gotta scramble and do that. Hopefully then i'll finish some Macbeth and try to go to bed early.

It's 22 days to my mocks, wow the ammount of work i have to do is really starting to scare me!

I actually laughed at that one ! There's 13 hours till my mocks. And you're in a better position than me it seems!

Methememb wrote: »
    I actually laughed at that one ! There's 13 hours till my mocks. And you're in a better position than me it seems!

Oh i'm sorry, i can't complain i guess, are you feeling any better ?:o

Hahaha I'll survive. Sure its only the mocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

TWENTY TWO DAYS! you'll be "aite mateee"

• Advertisement

Plan for the evening:
    French homework,vocab, oral work,
    Irish homework, Aiste, an Spalpin Fanach notes
    Maths Sequences and series
    Applied maths Impacts and Collisons question

Fairly good evening, going to have a look through some english now, see if i can make any progress then off to bed for me.

Plan for tomorrow:
    Projectiles
    French oral
    Irish poetry + pros essay
    Chem Bonding
    Physics Static Electricity :)

As days go, today has been pretty awful, going to go for a run soon to clear my mind

First i must spend some time on chemistry- fuels and heats of reactions,
    Some physics
    And maybe try to finish an english essay i've been writing

I can't wait for january to be over!

Advertisement