Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craig Burley

• 26-01-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭

Surely the most annoying and crap commentator of all time, he is fcukin painfull and I support neither United or Fulham :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭frankled

Couldn't agree more. He's in the same bracket as Paul Merson and Matt Le Tissier in terms of intelligence for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

both of them are annoying tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Aye I'm about to turn it on mute..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What about Niall Quinn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I think we need a Rant at Annoying Commentators thread :)

• Advertisement

What about Niall Quinn?

At least Quinn is in someway optimistic and fair. Probably not critical enough for the world of commentating and punditry though. Burley is insufferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What did he just say about hanging yourself with goalkeeper gloves ????

HUH !!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

What about Niall Quinn?

Niall Quinn is a creep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Craig Burley has to be the most miserable commentator out there. He seems to be on constant whinge mode. He also needs to tone down the sarcasm because he's like the Father Jessup of commentators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Burley tries to be controversial for the sake of it, he is just rubbish and is the sole reason for me chucking ESPN!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

frankled wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. He's in the same bracket as Paul Merson and Matt Le Tissier in terms of intelligence for me.

Merson and le tissier are at least entertaining on soccer Saturday, which is pretty much all SS is, entertaining. Burley is neither entertaining nor insightful, and alongside mark lawernson on tv3s Europa lge coverage, borders on painful to listen to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Did I hear him say something about hanging yourself in the middle of the first half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jon Champion and Burley are instantly muted. Couldn't reach for the remote faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

At least Quinn is in someway optimistic and fair. Probably not critical enough for the world of commentating and punditry though. Burley is insufferable.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

sometimes i wish there were no commentators while i watch the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can't beat Peter Brackley and Gary Bloom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭frankled

It's not fair to lump Quinn in with them. He's not great- but he's not to that level. He has a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Watched the last 20 minutes of the United game today and his incessant whining was unbearable. Fair enough, Fulham may have been sh*t, but he was absolute overdrive when criticising them and didn't make one positive comment during the time I was watching.

Fairly sure at one point he said "If anyone disagrees with me, tough".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I can burley stand the guy myself!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BOHtox wrote: »
    I can burley stand the guy myself!

>_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

What about Niall Quinn?

Hello, Niall here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ray Wilkins. That is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Surely the most annoying and crap commentator of all time, he is fcukin painfull and I support neither United or Fulham :mad:
    Youve clearly never seen a game involving Lou Macari's musings on football then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anyone wrote: »
    Ray Wilkins. That is all
    I love Ray Wilkins. That time he went mental at Cabaye play acting before he was stretched off was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anyone wrote: »
    Ray Wilkins. That is all

Butch is a great guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

During the France-Ukraine match last year Burley was discussing Yann M'Vila bossing the midfield for Rennes in the Europa League against Celtic, “not that that’s hard to do” according to him. He didn't clarify which of the two ties he was referring to though, the 3-1 win for Celtic when M'Vila was sent off or the 1-1 draw when he wasn't even on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

as a celtic fan i can categorically say the mans a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I love Ray Wilkins. That time he went mental at Cabaye play acting before he was stretched off was amazing.

Mark lawernson did similar during the united at. Bilbao game I think it was, not so much mental, but the whining went into overdrive, it was painful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

There's a co commentator on ESPN, sounds almost exactly like Jack Dee. Did the Arsenal - City game a few weeks back. Liked his commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Burley yesterday was trying to imply that De Gea's issues with catching the ball are unacceptable because the gloves these days have grip that is so strong you could hang yourself from a wall.

Either he has never held a goalkeeping glove and is talking out of his hole for the laugh, or he is the biggest tool ever to be handed a microphone.

Yesterday he actually just complained about everything as if he was a 5 year old child in the back of the car on a long journey. I hope ESPN hated it as much as we all did. Burley has been added to my mute list:

Craig Burley
    Niall Quinn
    Ray Wilkins
    Mark Lawrenson
    David Pleat
    Peter Collins (Sorry Pete, I just can't deal with how your voice goes weird when you get excited by goals)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Jon Champion and Burley are instantly muted. Couldn't reach for the remote faster.

Appalling commentators .
    I try to avoid a match if it is on ESPN and those 2 imbeciles (Waddle is just as bad) are commentating.
    They are awful commentators who add no excitement or insight .There are often silences for minutes on end with them commentating .
    The majority of matches ESPN show are crap but with better commentators they would be more enjoyable.

Advertisement