Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Mortgage on property with intent to rent it

Options
  • 26-01-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello all

I am just looking for some information on how I would obtain a mortgage on a property for which I would like to then rent. I do not know how any of this goes so I am looking for advice from people who know about this.

The property is going for €70,000 and is a new apartment. I was thinking how would I go about getting a mortgage and then renting it out, would a mortgage on that be more than what I could charge for renting it or could I make some profit each month doing it?

All help is much appreciated as I would like to know how it works and hopefully hear from someone who has done this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

First thing to do would be to check on Daft to see how much similar properties are being rented for in the same area, then get a quote for a 'buy to let' mortgage and see if it works out in your favour each month. You are likely to need between 10 and 20% of the property's price as a deposit as well, maybe even more as its an apartment and not a house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Greenbaize.

Thanks for your post.

To apply for a mortgage on an investment property, please contact the Mortgage Advisor in your account holding branch or call 0818 200 339 and a representative will be happy to process the application for you.

For more information on our mortgage products, please see here.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Advertisement