Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview/Test stage in March & April

Options
  • 26-01-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

(Not sure this should be in a bigger thread as a post, if so please move and sorry)
    Hey folks just wondering what this stage is like, my understanding is its in March & April.
    I have some booklets on the MSAP process which is for UCD and a few other colleges (UCD is only a choice further down as a backup which made the €70 for the MSAP a bit of a hurt) and they look rather tricky. A 1hour essay test and then a 1hour multiple questions test, the questions should be fine its the usually kinda cognitive thinking lark, but the essay will be tricky. Been long time since i done essays and my grammar is prob dreadful!
    Anyone know how strict the MSAP usually are?

For my main choices I have interviews, which I think are march. What do these contain mainly? Is it like a job interview or is it more just to see who are the messers/chancers and who are the serious ones who aren't going to waste the place. I'm not really bad at interviews but be nice to know what type of atmosphere I should be expecting, and obviously a more relaxed one is what Id love to hear is ahead :)

Oh and a bit of a tag on, I assume the applications you make direct to colleges aren't to strict, as long as you have good English and get your point/reasons across nicely about why your going to college and your previous exp and qualifications then you get through the 'net'. I cant imagine they are to picky with the applications, or noone would even get called for an interview. Or am I just being overly optimistic?

TY..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

For the MSAP there are 2 short essays in the 1 hour. The best thing to do is practice any short topic (they have examples on the MSAP site). The main aim is time management and learning to break down you essay into an Intro, Body and Conclusion. Topics can vary depending on if you are doing humanities etc or math based subject. I think mine were based on the motor industry development and the other on a more social topic which was friendship. They were both crap.
    The second section is just based on reasoning and interpretation. They will give you a graph and ask you questions to see if you can understand it. Some are multiple choice. Found the second section way better.

Didn't have to do interviews so I can really tell you what comes up, but just be able to show you have looked into the course and be sure to ask questions from the interviews too. Maybe even having an idea of further progression beyond the course of study. At the end of the day, a college is a business and knowing a student may be back for more is attractive to them.

Advertisement