Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to maynooth

Options
  • 26-01-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi i am applying to maynooth and was wondering about their online form for mature applicants. The question they ask why do you want to study at maynooth? Do you tell them because it is the best or are they asking something else? Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I think they might be looking for the reason that you actually want to go to Maynooth,
    For example you might say that you visited once and made friends with some mature students, liked the place so much and was really interested in studying X there, so you decided to apply.

Or After visiting other universities open days, I felt Maynooth was my best option.

In other words, why you want to go, not why Maynooth thinks you should go, if you catch my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FatherFrost

I done that app process last night, was happy enough with my little essays(the one about why I want to study at NUI, and one on my first choice) But I assumed they were looking for a bit of a personal statement like the CAO one, but with a few lines extra about why NUI, and bit more insight into why you wanna go back to 3rd level.

I didn't say much about NUI outside last sentence and more just on reasons for going back to 3rd level, uh oh?
    :confused:

I done that app process last night, was happy enough with my little essays(the one about why I want to study at NUI, and one on my first choice) But I assumed they were looking for a bit of a personal statement like the CAO one, but with a few lines extra about why NUI, and bit more insight into why you wanna go back to 3rd level.

I didn't say much about NUI outside last sentence and more just on reasons for going back to 3rd level, uh oh?

I'm sure you'll be fine, from what I understand, they want to make sure that you really want to to go and haven't just decided to go to university for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ronnieboy1968

thanks for the advice?

your....welcome?

• Advertisement
Advertisement