Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

En-suite extractor fan

Options
  • 26-01-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I have a Newtec 6 inch square case extractor fan in our little 7x2.5ft en-suite shower.

It been there located above the shower tray in the ceiling for 10 years and is wired to come on with the light, so it has some serious mileage up on it by now and is starting to rattle loud when switched on now, so its time to replace it.

I did replace our downstairs toilet extractor there last year with one of those Icon round faced extractors - the ones with the opening/closing iris to stop constant cold air from coming into that bathroom, but wouldnt use one in this case.

I have a kellihers and wesco near me so no prob in obtaining a fan, but is there a certain make of extractor/ trusted brand to go for nowadays?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

you cant go wrong with a vortice fan ,they are a bite more expensive but in my experience they are worth it.

Its worth also considering disconecting it from the light unless you really need maximum ventilation in your bathroom. Putting on the fan, which will eventually get noisy, when somebody brushes their teeth or uses the loo during the night isnt necessary (especially the kind that run for 10 minutes after the light gets switched off).

Advertisement