Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colin O'Neill's study log

• 27-01-2013 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Okay here we go

Hoping for 550

I do
    Irish h
    English h
    Maths o
    French h
    Geography h
    Biology h
    Engineering h
    Technology h (outside of school)

I'm sort of a jack of all trades and master of none :( so from C1s to B1s in most subjects obviously I need dem Az.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Colinoneill

Studied Irish today in library, wrote an essay on healthcare system and revised caca milis and grathrud.

Didn't do much tonight because I'm stupid.
    Going to bed in a few minutes and plan to get up at half 9 to do an early session of mahon and then Shakespeare.

Goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Is technology easy? Would I get an A in it if I taught myself from now on?

I don't think so, there's a project and folio worth 25+25% and with no textbook or revise type things available you'd need a teacher in your family or something. (my dad is my engineering teacher :)

Anyway today I didn't get mahon started till pretty late but I did a four Page essay for practice since I have my paper 2 mock on wends. Going to revise Shakespeare after dinner and then learn off a few phrases for my Irish 1 mock on Tuesday.
    Might do a few maths Qs from the papers if I'm up to it :)

Did a few maths Qs earlier and wrote up some characters for English 1 now I'm heading to french then English grinds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Reading this is bringing back memories. *Shivers*

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Reading this is bringing back memories. *Shivers*

Well it's not the most fun thing we'll ever do anyway ;)

Grinds were good. Did some pronoun grammar and expression ecrité in French and comparative and paper 1 stuff in English.

feel a little unprepared for Irish 1 tomo. Ah sure it'll be grand :) and English 1 will be fun :)
    Wooo mocks... Gnight

Irish 1 was decent. Wrote an aiste about emigration and the recession. Got abit stuck at times and found myself waffling, defiantly need some more good points.

English 1 was pretty nice, the paper was about special occasions and I wrote a pretty good personal essay.

Irish 2 tomorrow so I got a lot to study
    Pros filiocht and Gafa :(
    Gonna start with Gafa in the next half an hour. Toodaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cba

Iv irish tomorrow too, im screwed. What are you studying? im starting to think theres no point for paper 2, the poems and pros are worth nothing!

cba wrote: »
    Iv irish tomorrow too, im screwed. What are you studying? im starting to think theres no point for paper 2, the poems and pros are worth nothing!

Sorry didn't see that till today, true they are worth **** all.
    I got oisin,mo grá-sa and answered on Gafa wby?

Paper 2 went alright, messed up my timing a bit but wrote some good answers :)
    Starting English 2(mock tommorrow) study in half an hour.
    Doing a 1.5hour session on macbeth so far... Further updates to come :)

You're right there. Learn off an epic short story and you're sorted.

• Advertisement

Methememb wrote: »
    You're right there. Learn off an epic short story and you're sorted.

short story? for the essay or sceal on paper 1 like? iv been told by my grinds teacher to go with the sceal, but all the teachers are handing us out proper essays on issues, government etc. Which are you going for? and how long do you reckon it should be?

Short story, 2& a half pages. Write a very good story in english that can apply to lots of themes. Translate it with dictionary in hand then bring it to the grinds teacher to check over.

Short story, 2& a half pages. Write a very good story in english that can apply to lots of themes. Translate it with dictionary in hand then bring it to the grinds teacher to check over.
    good idea! thanks!

good idea! thanks!

Not really, you loose marks on a sliding scale for how adapted your compostion is, learn recession, emigration and health care hse stuff

Which is why you do a short story. The titles are hope, disappointment, worry, happiness. Not difficult to have a story that covers them all. Only has to be loosely linked.

Which is why you do a short story. The titles are hope, disappointment, worry, happiness. Not difficult to have a story that covers them all. Only has to be loosely linked.
    no way?? how'd you find that out? right yeah you're defo right, sure write any essay really

Maths1 went pretty well and English was good too, although I messed up my timing a little so my macbeth single text answer wasn't great, good think its the mocks!

I've got french tomorrow and maths 2 so going to do about an hour of each in a few minutes.

Mocks are finished(wooo) so I'm focusing on the delf B2 at the end of the month now :) if I can pass then it's A1 time in June :D

Did pretty good in the B2 on Monday, got back to work on the leaving today, did irish debate stuff, the subjunctive in french, some maths problems and started my electronics for engineering.

Got some good work done today, revised for maths class test tomorrow on functions, wrote irish essay on córas oideachais and wrote macbeth essay :)

• Advertisement

Okay gotta start this again.
    Had a French mock oral today, scored around a b2 so need to do a bit more work on that.
    Gonna make a study plan and get into some serious work over the next 2weeks

Okay studied biology today and got through 5 chapters from unit 2
    Cell structure
    Cell diversity
    Enzymes
    Enzymes advanced and energy carriers
    Diffusion and osmosis

I plan on finishing unit 2 tomorrow apart from respiration and photosynthesis.

Sorted my English folders out this evening now going to do some irish study, going to study the basic questions and get them sorted.

Doing 5 sraith pics now and then going bed.

Orals done and dusted, both went extremely well :) haven't been updating this very regularly
    doing a géibheann question now

Did a comparative essay this morning and started a wordsworth one. Going to do another comparative, finish the wordsworth essay, study 4 unit 2 chapters in biology and do another géibheann question by the end of the weekend.

Did loads of French written expressions tonight, studied series and did global interdependence for geography in study

Advertisement