Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bluejaymraz's Study Log.

• 27-01-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

So where to begin? An introduction I suppose. Aine, 17 (6 and a half weeks away from 18), Westmeath, still not entirely sure what I want to do after the mountain that is the LC, but the way I'm headed it's looking like I'll be hoppin' on the Arts train so I'll probably do English and geography along with something else.

Subjects are all higher (for now anyway):
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Biology
    Accounting
    Geography

Hoping to get as many points as I can, aiming for roughly 525ish. Anything over that would be aaaamazing. Fingers crossed :) Hoping this will give me some motivaton to get going if I have to write everything down and be shamed if I dont do it.

Mocks start Tuesday! :(

So what I did today:
    Maths: Statistics, Line, Circle
    English: Hopkins in a kind of a way, half of Bishop
    Accounting: Incomplete records question

Plans for tomorrow:
    English: finish Bishop, Mahon, possibly Plath aswell
    Biology: majority of genetics
    Geography: revise biome, secondary activities in Dublin and West

Hopefully I'll actually do something tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Bishop and Plath finished. No Mahon though. I might just leave it at Hopkins, Bishop and Plath for the mocks and hope Mahon doesn't come up.

Nearly through genetics now as well, just genetic engineering left to do and the isolating DNA experiment.

Can't believe I'm actually getting stuff done for once.

My achievements for today:
    English - finished Bishop, Plath
    Biology - Genetics, completely forgot to go back and learn the experiment though......
    Geography - secondary activities in Dublin and the west
    Maths - Financial Maths. I've gone over nearly all of the maths chapters we've done now but I haven't done a single question yet. I need to put in some serious work on both papers before Wednesday and Thursday. I just can't bring myself to do it.....

I have to say though that I'd still prefer to have Mocks next week rather than have to wait another 2/3 weeks. I'm in enough torture as it is. I wouldn't like to prolong it any more.

Plans for tomorrow:
    English - Paper 1 stuff, Comparative
    Maths - Paper 1 questions
    Irish - read over essays, learn phrases, seanfhocals etc

So far Maths Paper 1 questions have been a disaster, only managed to do like 2 questions on the 2013 sample paper....and I used to be so good at maths.*sigh*

Onto English I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

So far Maths Paper 1 questions have been a disaster, only managed to do like 2 questions on the 2013 sample paper....and I used to be so good at maths.*sigh*

Onto English I go.
    Looking at maths papers makes me sad.. And paper 2 is so much worse :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Looking at maths papers makes me sad.. And paper 2 is so much worse :P

Don't say that! Fcuked up paper 1 today, was hoping p2 would be handier!

• Advertisement

Methememb wrote: »

Don't say that! Fcuked up paper 1 today, was hoping p2 would be handier!
    I haven't started mine but my teacher said there are like 3 or 4 questions we can't do.. Excellent :P

I haven't started mine but my teacher said there are like 3 or 4 questions we can't do.. Excellent :P
    Same here. We were told not to get carried away thinking we have loads of time seeing as there's a few questions we can't do because it won't be he same in the real thing.

Today's study:
    Maths -Paper 1 fail
    Irish - phrases/seanfhocals for essay, 2 chapters of "A Thig na Tit orm" instead of reading over essays seeing as I forgot to bring the essay copy home......
    English - Paper 1 notes for question Bs and stuff, cultural context of CB, HMMB, SV

To do tomorrow:
    English - Literary genre, Macbeth, as much poetry as I can squeeze in
    Maths - Paper 1 take 2

Now to watch some television......

English Paper 1 done. It actually wasn't too bad and I had loads of time left at the end to recheck everything - must have had about 30 minutes left. Glad it's over though. Now onto Paper 2 and Maths Paper 1 tomorrow.

Seeing as I've been home since about 1 I haven't done a whole lot, only Literary Genre for the comparative. Although I did have to take a half hour break for a visit to the doctor so I'm excusing myself.

Now onto maths, poetry and Macbeth......

Ticked off the list for today:
    English - Literary genre, character of Macbeth, Mahon and a quick revision of Bishop, need to read over cultural context in the morning
    Maths - attempted another few P1 questions, better than yesterday's attempt but still not very good

I'm banking on either Mahon, Plath or Bishop coming up, hopefullye Bishop if I had to pick one, cultural context for the comparative and if Macbeth himself doesn't come up I'm royally screwed.

Fingers crossed. (They may be deceased come this time tomorrow :P)

English Paper 2 was fairly nice today, not a bad comparative, Macbeth and a choice of 3 poets. I'm actually so delighted. It was after lunch when it all went rapidly downhill. Maths Paper 1 was the worst maths test I've ever seen in my life, I could barely do any of it! Sequences and series, complex numbers.....why you mess with me, I thought I had you down? I didn't feel too bad going into it but it turned out to be a complete shambles. It was a definite fail on everyone's part. Oh well, ce sera sera.

Studied today:
    Maths - Paper 2: Geometry, Trig, Probability, constructions
    Irish - only read over 1 essay, I just have no will power left to do any more seeing as I spent so long on maths

Tomorrow's mocks:
    Irish aural and Paper 1
    Maths Paper 2

Hoping maths paper will drag my grade back up a bit seeing as I'm not usually too bad at probability and stats.

Roll on tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Today's mocks:
    Irish Paper 1 - wasn' t actually too bad all things considered. Decided to write an article despite having never written one in my life, only went for it because it was on the one thing I had actually half studied. Aural was fairly alright aswell, still had 2 blanks at the end though. Seriously hate only getting to hear everything twice.

Maths Paper 2 was a thousand times better than I ever imgined it would have been considering the train wreck that was papet 1 yesterday. Manged to do most of the questions, hopefully. Whoever set those papers seems to have some fascination with the planets and such......

Today's study achievements:
    Biology - a good bit of plant biology, few short questions, few experiment questions and 3 longs. Still have some experiments, dna and ecology to do when I get in the the morning aswell.

Finished at 12 tomorrow and then Monday off so I'm pretty happy right now :)

Biology went like a dream this morning. A load of the stuff I studied last night came up so I was a very happy camper indeed. 3 hours for the exam is a tad ridiculous though, I was finished in half the time!

Haven't done anything since I came home at about 1 though except have.a lazy day and play the piano. I think I deserve the break, at least I'm telling myself that I do.

Plan of action fot tomorrow:
    Geography - Tertiary activities in Paris basin/Mezzogiorno
    Accounting - tabular statements, absorption costing, marginal costing, published accounts
    Irish - chapters 3,4,5 of A Thig na Tit Orm, geibheann, colscaradh,

Ticked off a tabular statement, published account question and a marginal costing statement so far this morning.

Now to watch a bitta rugby while possibly learning geography. Might wait till the second half to do that though, think I'll just enjoy the first half while we're wining.

Today's achievements:
    Accounting - Tabs, published, marginal. These were fairly handy apart from a few silly mistakes.
    Geography - tertiary in P.B. and Mezzo. and read over manufacturing in Dublin and West. Still have so much to do though :( and I won't he out of my misery until Friday
    Irish - read over sample answers for most of the poems/pros from last year's dreimire and some sheets, had a quick look over Geibheann and Colscaradh from the book, read over the summaries of Chapters 3,4,5 in A Thig na Tit Orm

Took me far longer to do than I thought it would seeing as I did everything apart from the accounting in the sitting room while watching the Irish match, half the English match and then the United match.

Might not get a whole lot of work done tomorrow either because I might go to the Westmeath/Louth match in the afternoon.......possibly......we'll see........maybe.....

I was far too lazy to post this yesterday but what I got done was:
    Irish - Mo ghra sa, An gnathrud, Oisin I dTir na nOg, chapter six in ATNTO

Have to run over Dis and An Lasair Choille today and probably have another quick look over what I only half did yesterday. I just couldn't seem to concentrate at all so I did a fairly useless job of everything. Still need to finish ATNTO aswell

I'll probably fo a small bit of accounting and geography aswell if I'm feeing that way inclined.

Finally given up for the day, I just can't concentrate on anything anymore. Time for some hard earned television.

Crossed off the list for another day:
    Irish - Dis, An Lasair Choille, Mo ghra sa, Oisin i dTir na nOg, Colscaradh, genres of writing, chapters 7 and 8 of ATNTO. I think I'd be in heaven if Geibheann and Lasair Choille came up on paper 2 tomorrow.

Accounting - a few question 8s: absorption, apportionment, FIFO, high/low, 1 creditor's control account q, an control a/c incomplete record q. The amount of stupid mistakes I made was ridiculous. At least now I know to pay more attention to actually using the calculator properly and the dates given for loans and stuff. Roll on Wednesday!

Geography - Patterns of migration in Ireland

Just the one exam tomorrow, so another half day's on the cards, should be home around 1. I'm already kind of looking forward to the 20 minute walk home before I attack accounting again.

Irish P2 was fairly alright earlier, nothing too taxing. Finished with about 20 minutes left but I think we had 3hrs 20 mins instead of 3hrs 5......

Aaaaanyhoo accounting tomorrow so I flew through a heap of theory, ratios for the interpretation question, balance sheet method of incomplete records and suspense accounts. Should be grand tomorrow as long as farm/service/cash flow don't come up.

Need to power through French tomorrow afternoon:
    Tenses
    Diary Entry phrases
    Opinion Q vocab
    Vocab from previous opinion qs
    Slight bit of aural
    Possibly a reading comprehension

How in the name of God do you get so much done? :O

How in the name of God do you get so much done? :O
    Have a half day every day this week with the mocks so I've been home since 1 and started around 2.

After the midterm there will be no doubt be waaaaay less study done seeing as homework will take up most of my time and I'll probably probably only get an hour/hour and a half study in.

Have a half day every day this week with the mocks so I've been home since 1 and started around 2.

After the midterm there will be no doubt be waaaaay less study done seeing as homework will take up most of my time and I'll probably probably only get an hour/hour and a half study in.
    I thought that's what you were doing in like 3 hours after school! Although I still wouldn't get that done in a day. Maybe you will motivate me to do more ;)

• Advertisement

Accounting wasn't too bad, I practically made up the majority of the ratios though for the interpretation question. I learned them last night but they were all so similar, pretty sure I got at least 2 of them wrong.....apart from that the rest was alright :)

French tomorrow, I've barely done anything for it. What can you do? All I've done is:
    -gone over tenses
    -diary phrases
    -opinion question phrases
    -environment vocab
    -alcohol vocab
    We'll just have to hope and pray that the questions are nice to me. Hope and pray.

I think I've spent more time playing the piano this evening than I did studying......and I only managed to learn like 2 bars

Mocks done and dusted, thank god. If I really think about them, they weren't actually that bad. No major disasters, except maths paper 1 but I'm over it already. Wasn't really expecting it to go very well so there's no point getting worked up about it, still have 4 months to work on the topics.

French on Thursday morning wasn't too bad even though section 4 of the listening was tricky enough. Written parts were alright.

Geography was alright, short questions were dodgy enough and I'm usually fairly good at them. Bit pushed for time with it though, down to the wire it went. I paper cut my finger opening the exam though and had to suffer a bleeding finger through the first 2 pages of my biome essay.

Don't really have many plans for study over the midterm:
    -have a list of topics for revision in geography
    -geography notes to write out
    -might make a start on the sraith pictiur

That's about it though. I don't really plan on making many post in here over the week.

I didn't think I'd actually do anything over the break but I had nothing else to do really so I made a start on that revision list:
    Geography: primary activities in Dublin and the west

Time to do a bit of piano playing, reading and blog updating.

- Climate, soils, relief and drainage in the Mezzogiorno
    - Agriculture and fishing in the Mezzogiorno

I've been trying so hard to get back into some kind of study for the past few days but my motivation has deserted me. Seems like the threat of the mocks actually kicked me into gear when major cramming was needed. Now that they're over though I just don't know what to do with myself.....

I had such god intentions to get get stuff done over the midterm but as per usual they all failed miserably. Oral hasn't been touched, notes copy hasn't been opened and revision topics have barely been looked at. Sigh.

However I did manage:
    - Cultural context summary/revision plan written out from the essays I've done for the 70 mark question
    - Literary genre, same as above

My motivation is starting to return to me. Slowly but surely. Very slowly. All I need now is the mock results back to kick me into gear. 4 months left. Let's do it.

Today's successes:
    - Finally got those geography notes done, even if it was a serious struggle to bring myself to get to work on them: the effect of rural-urban migration in the developing world on both areas, 3 land use theories
    - Irish sraith pictiurs 1,2,6. Knew 1 and 2 fairly well, took a while longer to go over number 6 though.

I said I'd get back down yo study as soon as we got back to school but that didn't happen at all.......

Mocks have started to come back today:
    Irish - 90% on the dot. I have no idea what the corrector was up to with it though, they marked the pros which is 30 marks out of 40 instead.......and they made a mess of filling in each mark on the front too. This was without an oral though so I'm not too sure what effect that'd have on it.

Biology - 85% exactly on the dot aswell. Haven't seen the tests itself yet, we were only given the result on the way out. Hopefully this corrector was a bit more awake....

I am absolutely delighted. I thought that getting results that were that good would make me slow down a bit. But seemingly, I am not one for complacency. They've made me want to really get going now and hopefully they can get even better though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

You'll never know just how jealous I am of that A1 in Irish, i would do anything for one in the real thing!

Well done by the way!

You'll never know just how jealous I am of that A1 in Irish, i would do anything for one in the real thing!

Well done by the way!
    Thank you :)

I have no idea how it happened really. Both papers just seemed to fall in my favour, complete fluke if you ask me. Hopefully now I can go into the oral and do the same thing.

I was no way expecting to do that well so it's kind of given me a bit of a boost to know that I can do that well if I put a bit of work into it.

I'm sure you will get that A1 if you really put enough work into it. We both will :)

• Advertisement

Not too bad a day today on the work front:
    English - homework question on Shakespeare's use of sonnet form in sonnets 18 and 29, learned quotes for both sonnets
    Geography - two 30 mark questions on problems of rapid urban growth that we've had since Wednesday
    French - learned half of my document for Tuesday
    Biology - notes on human reproduction. Why the chapter has to be so long and complicated I'll never know.

Plan for tomorrow:
    -Finish learning French document
    -Finish maths homework
    -Learn reproduction notes

Finished for the night, now to watch Ant and Dec with a bitta pizza. :)

Thank you :)

I have no idea how it happened really. Both papers just seemed to fall in my favour, complete fluke if you ask me. Hopefully now I can go into the oral and do the same thing.

I was no way expecting to do that well so it's kind of given me a bit of a boost to know that I can do that well if I put a bit of work into it.

I'm sure you will get that A1 if you really put enough work into it. We both will :)

Ah now, you earn your luck and all that. You're too modest :p

I'm still licking my wounds over the Irish paper, got a B when I needed an A. The worrying thing is that was pretty much my best shot at it as well. I've decided I'm just gonna absolutely plague my Irish teacher from now 'till June with stuff to correct, see where that gets me :o

Loving the optimism :D How 'bout this; I'll swap you every point I get in August for that 1 A1? :p i don't care if it is counterproductive for getting into college, I want that A1 :pac:

Ah now, you earn your luck and all that. You're too modest :p

I'm still licking my wounds over the Irish paper, got a B when I needed an A. The worrying thing is that was pretty much my best shot at it as well. I've decided I'm just gonna absolutely plague my Irish teacher from now 'till June with stuff to correct, see where that gets me :o

Loving the optimism :D How 'bout this; I'll swap you every point I get in August for that 1 A1? :p i don't care if it is counterproductive for getting into college, I want that A1 :pac:
    Optimism's my new thing.

As much as I'd love all of you points, I'd love the A1 myself even more if I'm honest.

We should have some kind of a bet to motivate us to get those A1s.

Optimism's my new thing.

As much as I'd love all of you points, I'd love the A1 myself even more if I'm honest.

We should have some kind of a bet to motivate us to get those A1s.

I'm 1001% sure you'll put me to shame but ,oohhhh it's on :D

The loser dies... their hair :pac: Extreme? Me? Never!

I'm 1001% sure you'll put me to shame but ,oohhhh it's on :D

The loser dies... their hair :pac: Extreme? Me? Never!
    B.b.b.but I love my hair colour!

Something less drastic and we have ourselves a deal.

B.b.b.but I love my hair colour!

Something less drastic and we have ourselves a deal.

So, a tenner it is then? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

What're you doing for your French document? :) I really need to start getting one ready but I'm so stuck for ideas. :pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    What're you doing for your French document? :) I really need to start getting one ready but I'm so stuck for ideas. :pac:
    It's a photo from my sister's wedding 2 years ago when I was the only bridesmaid. :) Nothing too wild or exciting but still slightly different from everyone else's holiday/gaeltacht/debs photos.

We've had them done for ages. We had to hand up the photo at the end of September and then got them back with a list of questions which we had to hand up the responses to at October midterm. Then we had to correct and learn them over the Christmas break. I corrected it, I just didn't learn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I was a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding! Haha, I probably won't do that though, I dunno, might get some dull topic like the environment or something and learn enough about it to keep me going for a few minutes. Or I might just go in and hope that I won't get asked how to describe radioactivity in French or something. :pac: And yeah, saying my French teacher is terrible genuinely does her justice, though in fairness I really could've started this sooner. :pac:

Slow Show wrote: »
    I was a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding! Haha, I probably won't do that though, I dunno, might get some dull topic like the environment or something and learn enough about it to keep me going for a few minutes. Or I might just go in and hope that I won't get asked how to describe radioactivity in French or something. :pac: And yeah, saying my French teacher is terrible genuinely does her justice, though in fairness I really could've started this sooner. :pac:
    Yeah I was going to do something more exciting than the wedding but I completely forgot that we had to hand it up and the night before my brain just went "Ahhhhh I'll be murdered if I don't hand it up on time! Gimme a photo quick!" Don't know what I would have used though if I had given myself time to think about it. It's really hard to think of something that I wouldn't be talking about anyway during the oral.....I could have done great things.

But aaaaaanyhoo, what I conquered today:
    - finished learning French document
    - learned reproduction and about 1 quarter of ecology (another of those incredibly long chapters, yawn)
    - wrote out a heap of geography noted and learned the bits that I answered the question on yesterday, yes it would have made far more sense to learn it and then answer the question rather then the opposite way around which I did :L
    - went back over sraiths 1,2,6,10 that I learned last week/end and learned no. 3. 5 down......15 to go. :(

Roll on tomorrow and the pile of mock results that are going to come rolling in. :)

So much for the pile of mock results rolling in - only got the one back.....It wasn't great either 65% S'alright though, no result was higher than a C in any of the 3 higher level classes. Seemingly whoever marked them was really harsh on anyone who got over 55%, for no apparent reason. The teachers have no idea how it was marked either because they used no codes or anything while they were at it. Even though my result is still one of the best and I was pre-warned on Friday, I'm still just a little bit gutted on the inside. Serious English head here :P

Biology was corrected really strangely too. The corrector seemed to give out 0s for a whole load of answers if they weren't on the marking scheme, even if they were perfectly valid. The marking scheme just wasn't as comprehensive as it should be. Hoping that by the time we've finished correcting it tomorrow that I can get my self another 20ish marks that'l bump me up a grade. :)

Study done for today:
    - wrote out 2 and a half copy pages in Irish on unemployment/ recession/ that kind of thing for homework. Might use it in an essay on the economy that's due for Monday
    - wrote out phrases from chapter 3 in dreimire
    - had a quick run back over my French document in my head (seeing as I brought home the wrong copy.....)
    - learned about 3/4 of sraith 8 in Irish, getting there slowly but surely
    - first chapter of algebra

• Advertisement

- French oral: myself, family, house, computers
    - Geography: wrote out notes on land zones in city
    - English: learned quotes from Shakespeare's Sonnet 30
    - Maths: theorems

I really need to get learning all those geography notes. They're not too fact heavy though, more common sense really. So I'm hoping that once I know what goes into what question I'll be able to get through it fairly alright, reason the information out in my head.

Mock French orals are starting after school on Tuesdays/Wednesdays for the next 3 weeks. I'm just hoping that mine won't be one of the first next week, I'd just be winging my way through it because I've only really started working on it now. The week after would be just lovely though, hopefully.

I noticed earlier on my English Paper 2 that the corrector wrote a note on it to work on the handwriting!Bahahahahaha. They're probably right though......It started dreadfully, but it did get better as it went on. I think I just completely panicked at the start and my hand couldn't keep up with my brain.

Oh hai there study log, long time no see. I suppose I should get back into updating you now that I have a few minutes to spare.

Most of the study that I've done over the week has been oral work, Irish and French, seeing as the mock orals are upon me. I really shouls have started sooner.......it's not like they were sprung on me without any warning or anything.

Managed to finish off learning the first 10 sraith pictiur in Irish for tomorrow after school. Now I need to get cracking on the next half for Wednesday :( If I manage to learn them all I think I'll call myself superwoman.

French has been a bit all over the place. I've tried to learn off old stuff that I have done from last year but new stuff just keep building up so I gave up on learning last years stuff for now. I'll just have to blitz through it in a night or too before the 13th of March.

That's practically all I've done all week. It feels like barely anything. Can't wait for the orals to be over with, or at least the first round of mock orals, so I can get back to some proper effective study.

So I planned to do so much today but it was slightly ruined by my going out for dinner with my brother because mam and dad were away and we were too lazy to cook for ourselves.

What I did manage to get done though:
    - Irish: went over sraith pictiurs 1-10 for mock oral tomorrow and learned 12, 15 and 18 for Wednesday
    - Geography: 30 marker on multiple nuclei theory, wrote out notes on change of land zones over time, wrote out a list of possible essay-type questions; it's such a long list......

Stage 3 of Irish oral tomorrow - sraith pictiur 10-20.

Study over the past 2 days has consisted solely of learning sraith pictiur. Got 2 done yesterday and had to fly though 4 tonight and then look over the rest. Some of them are dodgy enough though.

Full Irish oral on next Tuesday at 4 and then French one the day after at 4.15. Still haven't got a thing learned for the general conversation in Irish and not a bit of French done either. Looks like I'm gonna have a fun weekend!

Haven't done any study at all since the last of the sraith pictiur on Tuesday night. I really really need to start getting down to it again. I'm going to seriously get going from Saturday morning. Seriously.

3 more mock results came in today/yesterday:
    French - 70% (B3). I'm fairly happy with it actually. Listening wasn't great, and the comprehensions weren't up to my usual standard. I only got 18/40 for the first written piece but I have no idea why. Nearly the whole lot is underlined and I have no clue as to why for most of it. Some of it I do understand though.

Geography - 81% (B1). Delighted with it. My waterfall question though was only given 16/30 though despite it being the exact answer that we were given that I've got 30 marks for before. The teacher said though that it looked like the correcter didn't read it thoroughly and just seemed to skim through it......

Maths - 63% (C2) overall. Paper 1 was only something like 43% with the questions we couldn't do included and then 61% with them excluded. It was around what I was expecting tbh seeing as it was such a disaster. Paper 2 was 81%. My jaw nearly hit the floor! Delighted. Overall not as good as I actually want to do, obviously, but way better than I expected to good all round really.

Improvements and tweaking needed everywhere.

Final mock result came back on Friday, Accounting. I somehow managed to get 80%! Got full marks for the depreciation question, delighted. One was marked out of 80 instead of 60, silly corrector. Interpretation and marginal questions were dodgy enough in places, although I knew that. Still delighted overall.

So mocks overall:
    English 65%
    Maths 63%
    French 70%
    Geography 81%
    Irish 90%
    Biology 85%
    Accounting 80%

Gives me a points total of 525, which is right on target for the NUIM Scholarship. Still plenty of work to be done though, hoping to turn the majority of those results into As by the time the leaving comes. :)

Study for the weekend hasn't been half as productive as I'd hoped it would be :(

But what can ya do. I did manage to do:
    -Geography: land use zones in cities, applied to Dublin
    -Biology: Finally finished ecology, revised the nervous system which we did last week
    Irish oral: me fein, mo theaghlach, mo theach, obair ti, an seomra is fearr liom, mo cheantar agus na haiseanna, fadhbanna sa cheantar, abhar scoile, na haiseanna scoile, an idirbhliain
    French oral: revised moi meme, la famille, ma maison, le dernier film que j'ai vu, learned la ville, les taches menagers, ma meilleur copine, le weekend in three tenses

Still so much oral work to do in both languages. Mock Irish oral in full is on Tuesday after school and then mock French one is Wednesday. :( Looks like I'm going to be making the majority of them up on the spot. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Probably won't get a whole lot done tomorrow evening either. First I have a walk home because my sister, her husband and my niece are coming home from England. Then I've to go to piano and some serious practising needs to be done because I haven't even taken the sheets out of my bag from last week. Although the piece is "On My Own" from Les Mis so I think I'm going to love the practising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hey just wondering, what are the requirements for the 525 NUIM grant you mentioned? It's my second choice but I had been thinking of making it my first and a scholarship would definitely tip me towards it? :)

peekachoo wrote: »
    Hey just wondering, what are the requirements for the 525 NUIM grant you mentioned? It's my second choice but I had been thinking of making it my first and a scholarship would definitely tip me towards it? :)
    As far as I know you just have to get at least 525 points to get it. It's €1000 and if you've applied for on campus accommodation you're automatically given a place. :)

It just gives me something to aim for. I've only applied for Arts which is 370 which I think I could get in my sleep tbh. I need some kind of motivation to keep me going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

As far as I know you just have to get at least 525 points to get it. It's €1000 and if you've applied for on campus accommodation you're automatically given a place. :)

It just gives me something to aim for. I've only applied for Arts which is 370 which I think I could get in my sleep tbh. I need some kind of motivation to keep me going.

Aw sweet, thanks for the info. Gives me something to work towards :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement