Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOUC this site

Options
  • 27-01-2013 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Using the "forum default" skin on the options page and "dark" on the appearance settings, and I'm getting a flash of unstyled content on a lot of page loads. It appears as if it may not be totally unstyled, just the dark style is missing. Not exactly an issue for me but thought you'd like to know.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Bug reports should go in site development:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Ah. Can this be moved or will I make a new thread?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've reported it so the local mods will move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

First off, as you say, it's not a true FOUC :) What happens is the dark theme styling is loaded only after the default blue/white theme, it is not loaded instead of that theme. If you're on a slow connection or browser, or your current browser settings prevent the storage of material (e.g. disabled cache or disabled local/session storage) then this flash will be fairly regular, otherwise it should only occur the very odd time. Firefox appears to be the worst for this behaviour.

There were plans to change the way we load themes and styles but we don't know when that'll be implemented.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

And a few months later, the themes system has been vastly improved and the FOUC should be gone.

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Nice one Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice one Danster!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement