Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oldham Athletic v Liverpool 4.00 ITV1

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

One of liverpools best performances this season. Oldham just had that bit too much !

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not to worry.

Next year is our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well deserved Oldham...not to take anything away from them but obviously the intention was to get knocked out and focus on winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Honestly not bothered at going out, as I said at the start of this thread, we aren't strong enough to concentrate on three competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to Liverpool fans for being honest and been kind to Oldham.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not to worry.

Next year is our year.

As always :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Honestly not bothered at going out, as I said at the start of this thread, we aren't strong enough to concentrate on three competitions.

Yeah not too bothered, dont think we have enough to win it to be honest anyways as teams will find us out

Great day for the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Some shocks in the FA cup today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We would have had the Toffees at home. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oldham get Everton. Might be of interest to all the Oldham fans on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Easy Liverpool win.

Ridiculous assumption on my part. I guess we can concentrate on moving up the table now though. Fair play to Oldham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tell ya what, we were shocking, should have put the game out of reach then rested players and not have it lost before you bring on the team to try and recover.

Fair play Oldham though. Worked hard and backs to the wall for the last ten and did not bottle it after doing so well in the first half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

Rodgers out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well done Oldham. Congrats and best of luck in the rest of the cup.

Have to laugh at the saddos spending time opposing other teams rather than supporting their own but whatever....

Finally showed a bit of fire in the second half. The team was well good enough to beat Oldham but just did not have the desire in the first. Still a lot of work to do defensively as we are carved open almost at will by direct play and i fail to see Rodgers address these deficiencies so far this season.

Better be a huge improvement in league form, Brendan:-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Genuine best wishes to Oldham.

Especially as they have Everton in the next round. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

5live wrote: »

League form has been alright in fairness.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Well deserved Oldham...not to take anything away from them but obviously the intention was to get knocked out and focus on winning the league.

Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hate to put the boot in but 4 attackers and no defensive midfielder, sometimes it seems Brendan hasn't a clue.

Have to laugh at the saddos spending time opposing other teams rather than supporting their own but whatever....

Finally showed a bit of fire in the second half. The team was well good enough to beat Oldham but just did not have the desire in the first. Still a lot of work to do defensively as we are carved open almost at will by direct play and i fail to see Rodgers address these deficiencies so far this season.

Especially the one trying to claim it was Liverpools best performance of the season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I seriously don't get this mentality. Are you saying you wouldn't be up for Oldham had they been playing Man Utd or Everton or anyone else in the Premier League? It's the lure of the underdog for me. I was very pleased to see Oldham win today just like I was pleased to see MK Dons and Luton win yesterday (though admittedly not Millwall on Friday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It was the only 4 o clock kick off :confused:
    Do you just want the thread to only involve people that want Liverpool to win?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I seriously don't get this mentality. Are you saying you wouldn't be up for Oldham had they been playing Man Utd or Everton or anyone else in the Premier League? It's the lure of the underdog for me. I was very pleased to see Oldham win today just like I was pleased to see MK Dons and Luton win yesterday (though admittedly not Millwall on Friday).

I imagine Saul's post was aimed at people who regularly come into our match threads at times when we go a goal down, after we draw/lost, etc, etc. Same people who cry, moan and complain if it happens in their respective teams thread.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It was the only 4 o clock kick off :confused:
    Do you just want the thread to only involve people that want Liverpool to win?
    No. I have no interest in how any other team is doing and fail to understand other teams supporters...well.. trolling (is the only term i can find. Apologies).

I just cannot understand how spurs or chelsea threads would concern me when my own team has enough going on to be a full time concern.

Or do i just have a rich and rewarding life offline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Everyone knows the match threads turn into a mess once a certain team doesn't win. Mods don't really seem arsed to do much about it though so they are generally just best avoided.

League form has been alright in fairness.
    In seventh position without having beaten a team in the top half of the table?

Granted it is alright but that is just being damned with faint praise imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What exactly upsets you so much when someone cheers on an underdog?

In seventh position without having beaten a team in the top half of the table?

Granted it is alright but that is just being damned with faint praise imo

Ahh but saying not beating in team in the top half is not good as it can change, after all when Liverpool beat West Ham, West Ham were in the top 10 at the time

No. I have no interest in how any other team is doing and fail to understand other teams supporters...well.. trolling (is the only term i can find. Apologies).

I just cannot understand how spurs or chelsea threads would concern me when my own team has enough going on to be a full time concern.

So you only watch Liverpool??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll rant in the Liverpool thread tomorrow if I've the energy.

suffice to say, we saw today why Sturridge is infuriating, and why neither Henderson or Allen are near Stevie's level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Some people actually enjoy watching and discussing a game of football no matter who's playing you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Everyone knows the match threads turn into a mess once a certain team doesn't win. Mods don't really seem arsed to do much about it though so they are generally just best avoided.

Yup, it's always the same names too.

Didn't watch the match but I'll presume Liverpool's backline caused most of their problems.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So you only watch Liverpool??
    No. I watch a lot of football, as much as i can, work and family permitting.

I just dont get the continuous delighted commentary by few on Liverpool threads(maybe on others too but tbh those threads are of no concern to me).

As i said i just fail to 'get' it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Its not beyond the "boundary" of ones imagination that there could be a cupset as Liverpool travel the short distance for the 4th round tie against a side struggling at the wrong end of League One (7 lost and 1 drawn in their last 8), Athletic are still in the competition after beating Forest 3-2 albeit with the help of a red card which saw the home side play the last 35 with 10 men. Liverpools recent league form is ruder of health with 5 wins, 3 defeats and a bit of spring in the step since the arrival of Daniel Sturridge.

Probably the main point of interest in attack will be if he starts while at the other end Reina and both the first choice FBs are almost certainly out. One of Skrtel and Agger will certainly be rested - maybe both, while Allen and Shelvey have seen little game time recently so could well be given a start. One presumes the bench will be well stocked just in case.

Ah my foresight is painful :( and nobody spotted my little play on words. :(:(

No. I watch a lot of football, as much as i can, work and family permitting.

I just dont get the continuous delighted commentary by few on Liverpool threads(maybe on others too but tbh those threads are of no concern to me).

As i said i just fail to 'get' it
    Fair enough. I like a bit of a waffle about a match. I'm at an age now that I don't be down the pub with mates every weekend anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Normally agree about the saddos supporting other teams, however in the cup these other teams may be defeating potentially dangerous opponents for future rounds.

What gets my Wick is when supporters support teams in direct opposition to their own teams. Like when a mid table / Team fighting for a Europa place defeats a team going for the League / Champions League, you have other mid table / Europa teams supporters gloating about it. Come the end of the season the joke could be on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    There are some of us here....

Great result, great day. Bring on Everton, not long since we last beat them in the cup and this time it's at Ice Station Zebra.

Last 8 here we come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

summerskin wrote: »

Great result, great day. Bring on Everton, not long since we last beat them in the cup and this time it's at Ice Station Zebra.

Last 8 here we come...

Good luck!
    Ill be rooting for ye (not enough to post YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSs on a website if ye score ;))

summerskin wrote: »

Last 8 here we come...

Good on ya, enjoy it.

Also, good luck the next round :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Jonjoe Shelvey and his brother react to today defeat...

BBovYlACIAIHToO.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Normally agree about the saddos supporting other teams, however in the cup these other teams may be defeating potentially dangerous opponents for future rounds.

What gets my Wick is when supporters support teams in direct opposition to their own teams. Like when a mid table / Team fighting for a Europa place defeats a team going for the League / Champions League, you have other mid table / Europa teams supporters gloating about it. Come the end of the season the joke could be on them.

Well Liverpool fans will hope Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea drop points as the little chance we have of 4th is gone if they keep winning! Pretty logical I'd have thought.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Go to any United match thread when we're losing or have just lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

K-9 wrote: »

Well Liverpool fans will hope Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea drop points as the little chance we have of 4th is gone if they keep winning! Pretty logical I'd have thought.

Was not specifically referring to Liverpool, or indeed this specific forum.

Fair play for your optimism.

DB21 wrote: »

Go to any United match thread when we're losing or have just lost.

Lifes too short for that crap.

Well deserved win by Oldham. Congrats summerskin and the rest and best of luck for the rest of the competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dickov not even assured of his job after this. They are only 3 points off the drop in League 1.

From the Guardian. LINK HERE
    Dickov was rumoured to be on the brink regardless of the outcome against Liverpool. His chairman, Simon Corney, offered no assurances that the 3-2 triumph will save the Scot from the sack on Monday.

"It's very awkward," said the New York-based businessman, naturally alarmed by a league sequence of seven defeats and one draw in eight games since 8 December. "We will have to chat about it tomorrow. Paul has his own decision to make. Days like this are great but the biggest thing is about staying in this division." Ah, the romance of the cup.

Dickov was unable to bring clarity to his future after the game either. "I don't know if it is enough [to save my job]. Let me enjoy this first," said the Oldham manager, who had three members of his back-room team placed on gardening leave in December. "This is right up there. I've won a European medal, played for my country and scored at Wembley but, after everything that has gone on recently, to go out there and win this game is right at the very top."

Asked if he would still be the Oldham manager when Everton visit in round five, he replied: "I'll be a manager."

Advertisement