Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oldham Athletic v Liverpool 4.00 ITV1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Savage turn. Thought he was going for a hook :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

A feisty one this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

To those criticizing Coates - this is what happens when you don't play a young player for long stretches and then throw them in to a game. Add to that the fact that his confidence must be shot, seeing as he is obviously not wanted and linked to a bunch of teams. He has shown before that he is more than a decent defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Sterling walking on thin ice :(

Good job he's very light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

dirty game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

cambo2008 wrote: »
    A feisty one this is.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBXu2ZwOsHY4NlVfk5M_rwbxFQ_41yuIa9Srd3qG_MlDu3YAg6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Poor Luis has his hands full in his first appearance with the armband. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Surely a dive there! :P

Loads of cards in this game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thats a shocking booking, he was every bit entitled to go for that. Football is slowly being ruined by things like this.

Clear yellow card, the ball had long been collected by Jones by the time he kicked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

8-10 wrote: »
    Andy Townsend is the worst colour commentator in England. Very annoying.

Huh :confused:

• Advertisement

Nice one!

Ah feck of flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Suarez should have left that

Timmyctc wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBXu2ZwOsHY4NlVfk5M_rwbxFQ_41yuIa9Srd3qG_MlDu3YAg6
    Too lazy to look for the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

this Oldham keeper is awful

great play sturridge

Sturridge winning the ball back there was really good. Great attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Andy Townsend is the worst colour commentator in England. Very annoying.
    Huh :confused:

You have never heard the term Colour commentary before? It's a well known phrase.....They are the second commentator who usually analyses or supplies tidbits of info while the main guy names the players on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Tusky wrote: »
    To those criticizing Coates - this is what happens when you don't play a young player for long stretches and then throw them in to a game. Add to that the fact that his confidence must be shot, seeing as he is obviously not wanted and linked to a bunch of teams. He has shown before that he is more than a decent defender.

He has shown us more times he is a terrible defender than he has shown. Us he's a good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fuhrer wrote: »
    this Oldham keeper is awful

Used to be on Liverpools books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

our attackers are playing cracking stuff so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Tom Ince is at the game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kirby wrote: »
    You have never heard the term Colour commentary before? It's a well known phrase.....They are the second commentator who usually analyses or supplies tidbits of info while the main guy names the players on the ball.

Yes, in America though, on US sports.

I have heard of the terms sidewalk but still use footpaths.

our attackers are playing cracking stuff so far.

That's why I think we will outscore them

Tusky wrote: »
    oh come on now. Young Jack Robinson is younger and has even less experience but has still managed to play well.

Ah Sterling, pick a side not the middle!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What an awful weak shot from Sterling.

murpho999 wrote: »

you're talking garbage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

sterling should have scored

Would want Sturridge rather than Sterling to have that chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Years of living in America I guess, sorry! But you know what I meant. Point is I'd nearly prefer watching on mute.

Great move, very poor effort from Sterling. Can't be hitting the keeper from there.

dfx- wrote: »
    Clear yellow card, the ball had long been collected by Jones by the time he kicked him.

In the super duper slow mo replay it was in real time it was a second or less. I'll agree he had studs up all the same hadn't seen that when I made my post but he was every bit entitled to go for the ball if the keeper drops it he should be going in for the ball. Players are more and more afraid to go in for these type of tackles now not just on the goalkeeper I mean all over the pitch 50 / 50's ect.

It's becoming worse in the sense that the amount of times I've seen players get a foul awarded against them, or booked, for perfectly good tackles where they win the ball is making players now not want go in for the tackles, and football is worse off because of it.

Diaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

oh come on now. Young Jack Robinson is younger and has even less experience but has still managed to play well.

But hasn't Robinson been playing with the underage team so he is getting game time. Coates has just been warming the bench this season not much game time.

In the super duper slow mo replay it was in real time it was a second or less. I'll agree he had studs up all the same hadn't seen that when I made my post but he was every bit entitled to go for the ball if the keeper drops it he should be going in for the ball. Players are more and more afraid to go in for these type of tackles now not just on the goalkeeper I mean all over the pitch 50 / 50's ect.

It's becoming worse in the sense that the amount of times I've seen players get a foul awarded against them, or booked, for perfectly good tackles where they win the ball is making players now not want go in for the tackles, and football is worse off because of it.

It was nowhere near a 50/50, he got nowhere near the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

double GG wrote: »
    sterling should have scored

Defo should scored..should have buried it

Nice play by Hendo. Loads of runners up front. Spoiled for choice we are.

Years of living in America I guess, sorry! But you know what I meant. Point is I'd nearly prefer watching on mute.

So you must get very excited when you go to 'Woodies DIY'.

Kirby wrote: »

Nope never heard it used before thanks for clarifying.

I didn't, I thought at first it was some sort of racist jib or something :o Glad Kirby cleared it up.

So you must get very excited when you go to 'Woodies DIY'.

I don't get it? But I apologised man what do you want? Honestly I don't know the common term for it here, is it co-commentator?

Anyway let's watch the game

Bro. ;)

• Advertisement

It was nowhere near a 50/50, he got nowhere near the ball.

Didn't say it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Townsend is horrible. I thought Jim Beglin was the man for the TV games on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Coates is have mare out there

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If it was a challenge on an outfield player and he was that late with studs up what would you be saying? I agree he had a right to go for the ball, but his studs were up. Not malicious, but I can see why it was given as a yellow.

I don't get it? But I apologised man what do you want? Honestly I don't know the common term for it here, is it co-commentator?

Anyway let's watch the game

Bro.

That's it.;)

Coates is very rusty.

Guy needs a loan deal and games asap

Coates looks scared to death out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Borini has really good movement. You can see he is always looking around and aware of where the space is.

Real shame he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Id say Coates reckons he's gone

That's it.;)

Co short for colour...lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement