Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job in Dublin 12, where should I live?

Options
  • 27-01-2013 1:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Just been offered a decent enough job in Dublin 12, Stannaway Road area. I'm not very familiar with the area, reckon it's a 15-20 mins drive out of town. Where would be the best place to live from the point of view of transport, social life etc? Any local information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

If it were me, I'd probably go for Rathmines or Portobello. You've lots of pubs and restaurants, it's a nice area and close to town. You can get the 83 bus from Rathmines Road to Stannaway Road or walk if you'd prefer. I'd say it'd take 30-40 mins depending on exactly where you were going to/from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is the workplace within walking distance of the Luas red line? If so, that opens up a whole pile of possibilities, including the docklands, Smithfield, Tallaght, Citywest...

Advertisement