Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprinter Sacre

• 27-01-2013 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can he be beat? The best horse I've seen in a long time, how long will he keep up the form? Pity about the odds being so short, but I saw him at evens for the Gold Cup, worth sticking a bet on now? He'll only go down closer to it if he keeps racing like today

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Cornetto wrote: »
    Can he be beat? The best horse I've seen in a long time, how long will he keep up the form? Pity about the odds being so short, but I saw him at evens for the Gold Cup, worth sticking a bet on now? He'll only go down closer to it if he keeps racing like today

He cannot be beaten baring accident or freak fall,he also will 100% not be running in the cheltenham gold cup he will run in the Queen Mother Champion Chase which he is 2/5 for and a good price at that lump on and collect in march.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

ya i would have to agree very hard to see hit beat in any case but 2/5 is a bit skimpy he could get a cough the week before if bookies get a few beat they could lay him on the day.He also could drift in running so that could be worth taking a chance hoping he does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

SRFC wrote: »
    He cannot be beaten baring accident or freak fall,he also will 100% not be running in the cheltenham gold cup he will run in the Queen Mother Champion Chase which he is 2/5 for and a good price at that lump on and collect in march.

I don't think I'd ever advise anybody to back a 2/5 shot ante post. All he has to do is jump around to win but I'd prefer to take something like 1/3 on the day than 2/5 ante post if I was going to have a hefty bet on him.

I don't think I'd ever advise anybody to back a 2/5 shot ante post. All he has to do is jump around to win but I'd prefer to take something like 1/3 on the day than 2/5 ante post if I was going to have a hefty bet on him.

I'd love some 1/3 on the day because im expecting 2/11 to be honest,if sizing europe turns up he might keep his price in but other than him Finnians wont be running,flemenstar wont be running,then all you have left who are double digit prices are sanctauire and cue card rest 150/1..so 2/5 is great value even though chemical nicky trains him,Im going to take some of the 2/5 this week along with quevega both nailed on basically betting on them getting there and jumping around no dangers to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I understand what you mean, but backing a horse at 2/5 ante post will usually involve a serious outlay, and considering there's 6 weeks to Cheltenham, it only takes a second for a horse to get injured. If he gets there on the day in one piece then 2/5 ante post will probably look like value, but backing a horse ante post at such short odds wouldn't be for me.

• Advertisement

I understand what you mean, but backing a horse at 2/5 ante post will usually involve a serious outlay, and considering there's 6 weeks to Cheltenham, it only takes a second for a horse to get injured. If he gets there on the day in one piece then 2/5 ante post will probably look like value, but backing a horse ante post at such short odds wouldn't be for me.

I'll take 2/5 it gets to Cheltenham in 6 weeks :) an investment every week on the double will heed riches in march :cool::cool:

Advertisement