Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Device Companies in Cork

Options
  • 27-01-2013 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a job in a Medical Device company in Cork, that or a pharma company. I have been working in the Medical Device sector for 5 years. I was wondering does anybody know what companies I could apply directly to and what companies I would have to go through an agency with (and if so contact details for said agency)

Also anybody who has experience of working for any of these types of companues in Cork would be helpful.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There are absolutely loads in cork.
    I am not sure who is hiring, or what position you are looking for, you can check their websites directly.
    You have the J&J group. that is janssen, centocor and depuy.
    Eli lilly is kinsale direction
    Schering plough
    There are a few in carrigtwohill, abbot recently became abbvie, gilead, and a blood product company just got planning permission there. Sanguard I think they are called.
    Who else.... Pfizer of course. Depends on how manufacturing leaning you are, but sometimes there is crossover into places like Pepsi.

I am bound to be missing some. A drive around little island or ringaskiddy will get you a few names. Or a look in the golden pages under pharmaceutical manufacturing.

Then further afield, but possibly commuting distance you have genzyme in waterford and there are some in kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

This is very helpful, Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Boston scientific on model farm Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Stryker in Carrigtwohill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Novartis and Warner-lambert as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Schering are now merck sharp dome.

The new stryker plant on the boston sci grounds is supposed to be finished in april taking about 1000 employees from boston. So a hiring drive is not unlikely to be in process right now. Kelly scientific do their hiring for them.

There are a few more in the ida park there too, alcon and I want to say hovione.

Ringaskiddy have a few pharma crowds. Gsk, novartis, janssen, pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

cantdecide wrote: »
    Stryker in Carrigtwohill.

Millipore also in carrigtwohill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know what Gilead are like to work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know what Gilead are like to work for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Sanmina in Fermoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement