Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Online Game

• 27-01-2013 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Would people be interested in getting together to play in an online game,could arrange regular times if we got the interest.

Playing against others definitely adds to the game i find.

Any particular league people would like to play?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I tried it once and hated it!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Mc Love wrote: »
    I tried it once and hated it!

Fair enough i've played a few and enjoyed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

How does it work though? Do both people need to be online at the same time to play a game? Does everyone need to progress at the same pace day by day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

dulpit wrote: »
    How does it work though? Do both people need to be online at the same time to play a game? Does everyone need to progress at the same pace day by day?
    Yep. Which is the problem. It might work for the new Classic mode in FM13 but otherwise playing a full season takes a heavy time commitment from everyone

Yeah everyone needs to be online at once!
    It doesn't need to be that heavy a time commitment its just another save you could have going and when everyone's on just play it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

The problem lies in the "when everybody's on". Realistically it will take 3-4 sessions of a few hours each to complete a season. Getting a group of people together for that time on a regular basis will be a challenge

It can be done (I've done it with a group of three, myself included, before) but it's not easy

Reekwind wrote: »
    The problem lies in the "when everybody's on". Realistically it will take 3-4 sessions of a few hours each to complete a season. Getting a group of people together for that time on a regular basis will be a challenge

It can be done (I've done it with a group of three, myself included, before) but it's not easy

Yeah im playing in a reddit league at the moment on our 3rd season now,its good fun,worth waiting for people to be on.

Advertisement