Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clare Gathering Festival Expo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Thanks MrsD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Such a pity I missed this today! Was it good??

We have a Gathering Event with around 80 people arriving from overseas and cant access funding anywhere, looking for money towards a bus to tour clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Maiden

Both Clare County Council and Leader have allocated funds to Gathering events, but my understanding is they have to be community events with a theme, rather than a group of your friends or relatives visiting (not suggesting this is what yours is as I have no idea). It might be worth contacting both. Leader cannot fund Ennis based projects though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Thanks for your reply, I contacted both, yep Leader cannot fund unless its a community group and the Clare Council closing date was November so they wont consider us for funding.

Its such a pity as its costing each person coming a fortune, and they would spend a lot while touring clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Was at the event and was very impressed. Very well attended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Anybody get one of those compact disks they allocated 16 grand for? Throw out your turntables. It's the wave of the future!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Anybody get one of those compact disks they allocated 16 grand for? Throw out your turntables. It's the wave of the future!

Hah, would be cheaper to do USB's or work it from a website ffs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Hah, would be cheaper to do USB's or work it from a website ffs.

USB's are a nightmare to give out with information on them, they can transfer virus's and can have the data lost very easily, USB is probably the most volatile mode of data transport and not suited for mass marketing at all.

I spent about a year of my life trying to get a big company to move away from CD/DVDs to USB, it's not going to happen any time soon unfortunately.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Clareman wrote: »
    USB's are a nightmare to give out with information on them, they can transfer virus's and can have the data lost very easily, USB is probably the most volatile mode of data transport and not suited for mass marketing at all.

Good point Clareman, I never thought of it that way. I feel that nobody will use these disks at all. Complete waste of money in my view. Most people have internet access.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Good point Clareman, I never thought of it that way. I feel that nobody will use these disks at all. Complete waste of money in my view. Most people have internet access.

I just realised that I don't have a DVD drive in my laptop :) It's an ultra-book so that's the norm now.

I would hope that there's some kind of QR mark on the disk at least to allow you download from somewhere.

Advertisement