Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chainsaw mix in lawnmower

• 27-01-2013 5:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

This is not a forestry question but I notice a lot of postings here about chainsaws. I have a small lawn with a strimmer and lawnmower. Could I use the oil mix for the strimmer in the lawnmower? I don't see any problems with it. It should just be a bit smokey when in use

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Dont make a habit of it, you will cause carbon to build up on the piston, and if you don't get it serviced by a proper knowlegeable sevice man,a piece of carbon can come loose and score the barrell. Likewise don't make a 2 stroke mixture too strong (an extra dash of oil, for luck) same result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Is the lawnmower 2 stroke? What mix does the manual recommend. If they are the same, use away. Otherwise keep away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭twofish101

We have always run our lawnmowers like this, we have never had an issue with the fourstroke lawnmowers, easier to do and also means there is no unmixed fuel around which could be put in a two stroke engine by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dipper.meath16

Would you put 2stroke in a car? If your answer is no then you will know why you don't put two stroke in a four stroke engine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭twofish101

Would you put 2stroke in a car? If your answer is no then you will know why you don't put two stroke in a four stroke engine!
    yes, and in diesels too, anyone into rallying knows the benefits of twostroke oil

• Advertisement
Advertisement