Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson Animal DC39 Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner €299 is Argos (€140 off)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Good deal but still twice the price of the better Miele.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4065814/Trail/searchtext%3EMIELE.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

You can get a reconditioned one from amazon for €260

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

I posted the Argos discount for people who were maybe considering buying a Dyson... I wouldn't go onto a thread on Míele saying how great Dysons are...

I explicitly said I know the are expensive, but if a person wants a Dyson then they might get it a bit cheaper by reading my post.

We have people in our house with long hair, a puppy who has just shed her first coat and a wool mat that keeps on shedding... The head on the Dyson seems to collect hair with the rotating inner rubber brush, it's just a great design.

The Míele has a shorter chord, the bags cost €20 for 4, and it's like printer ink, you always run out of bags at the most inopportune of times... The hose is Míele is 1.8m vs Dyson stretches up to 5 metres... I can get over half of the stairs done from the ground floor. I can't say it has made me like vacuuming any more than before but it is definitely quicker and more tolerable...

Same model is cheaper anyways on expert.ie
    Dyson is €449 there

Dyson also comes with a 5 year guarantee which after doing a lot of research I found that products need to be purchased in Ireland to register for guarantee... I buy a lot from Amazon so I had considered this option. Some people said they got the guarantee when they bought up North but all in all it was better to buy from my local shop.

In saying all above the Míele does look like a good machine, I am not disputing that in any way...and for €129.95 it is good value from Expert.ie (not Argos) but again a bit of simple etiquette could be applied when posting on the Bargain Alert forum, I was just trying to spread a bit of good news and it wasn't nice to log in here today and see the reply from cgarrad knocking down my post.

Happy vacuuming to all bargain hunters!

Advertisement