Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp workers with wife/partner, how is it??

Options
  • 27-01-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Ok I couldn't really fit in a proper title :)

What I'm asking is...for those of you that are already living & working in Canada on any of the jobs that involve being away from home for 2 or 3 weeks at a time, if you have a wife/partner/family, how is it working out for you?

There seems to be very little talk here about the effect on your relationship/family life whilst working this way, away from home.
    I have heard a couple of anecdotal stories - usually involving wife/partner becoming very unhappy with the situation & wanting to return "home", but I've heard more positive stories too.

Would love to hear more experiences/opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Haven't done it but I was offered a job in a mine in southern Saskatchewan doing IT work. the money was great prob 3 times what I an on but count do it. We have a nine month old little girl and it would have killed me not to we her andand my wife every day. So even though it was great money we didn't think it was worth it

Advertisement