Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Airlines to New York

Options
  • 27-01-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

United Airlines are offering the best price by far to New York. I have never flown with them. Looking for peoples experience with them. TBH I am a very nervous flyer and usually avoid going abroad but am biting the bullet so am looking to go with the best airline and most comfortable.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How do you know it's a United Airlines plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

First, check which airport the flight is going to: If it's flying to Dublin to Newark, it will be United.

If you're flying Dublin to JFK, it will be an Aer Lingus plane (United codeshare with them, which basically means they can sell seats on the Aer Lingus flight).

If it's the first, and it's United, it's not awful. Smaller plane (757) than Aer Lingus, but with in seat power, movies/TV on demand and not awful food it's not really all that bad for a flight that lenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Flew with United on a 757 last September,to Newark and back to Dublin.Very relaxing flights with no hassle.The VOD was great as was the food and staff on board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

went with them recently. they are good enough. i found the legroom to be a bit more cramped than other airlines. food was good enough on the way over but terrible on the way back.

movie selection was alright but the touch screen control was bad. the staff weren't overly friendly but i didn't have a problem with them.
    i would fly with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

United and continental merged last year. Newark is the old Continental hub.

I fly that route twice a year usually and it's a really nice easy way to get to NY. Much easier to get into the city than from JFK.

The aeroplanes are nice too. Comfy enough. TV's in the back of the seat in front of you so you can watch what you like. Good service.

They're not one of the cheap US airlines like delta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If you're flying Dublin to JFK, it will be an Aer Lingus plane (United codeshare with them, which basically means they can sell seats on the Aer Lingus flight).

^^^

could also be Delta or American Airlines (from June 2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

^^^

could also be Delta or American Airlines (from June 2013)

Not if we're talking about an United flight...

Advertisement