Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability Allowance

• 27-01-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Currently I am receiving a week income of the disability allowance due to my hearing. At the moment I receive my payment from my local post office although I am finding little time to collect it weekly due to school. I was told that I can get my payment lodged into my bank account. Is this possible as this would be much handier and it means I don't need to go to the shop to put money on the debit card every week anymore as I could use a laser card instead.

Aside from that, if I do lodge my DA into my bank account, would it be subject to bank interests or taxes that the bank places on other account?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes you can get DA payed into your bank a/c.as for interest ect ask in the banking forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Okay, thanks but how do I do it? I can't find anything relevant on the welfare website so a little help is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

You could ring them but generally for situations like this they will probably ask you to put it in writing.

As for bank charges, that would depend on your bank and account type.

Cheers Owryan but who do I ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ring DSP at the address on the payslip you get with your payment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Cheers Owryan but who do I ring?

Disability Allowance Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford 
    Ireland 

Tel:(043) 334 0000 
    Locall:1890 92 77 70 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Disability Allowance Section
    Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    Government Buildings
    Ballinalee Road
    Longford 
    Ireland 

Tel:(043) 334 0000 
    Locall:1890 92 77 70 [/QUOTE]
    You have to put your request in writing to the above address. You need to give your PPS number your name and your date of birth. You need to have the name and address of the bank, the type of account (say savings or current or deposit) the account number and the sort code. Its not a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could have it paid into a current account in the Credit union, some of these have no bank charges, but you may have to go into the credit union to take out cash.

Cheers lads, rang the welfare office and they said I have to bring in the bank statements so all is sorted now.

Thanks!

Advertisement