Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMP

Options
  • 27-01-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

Has anybody here completed the Project Management Professional (PMP) exams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Why do you ask?

I haven't, but have just completed the IPMA Course in NCI if I can help at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I have. What would you like to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Will 2013

Hi,
    I just want to know how much work is involved, is it really tough? I have held a PM role for over 5yrs and completed degree in const mgt. I flicked through the website and bought the book which I have started to read...

I found that some companies offer exam prep training for the PM exams, have you attended any of these and have you any feedback of who runs good revision courses in Dublin..

Any suggestions on how to go about the whole process and keep the full time job without either or suffering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Will 2013 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just want to know how much work is involved, is it really tough? I have held a PM role for over 5yrs and completed degree in const mgt. I flicked through the website and bought the book which I have started to read...

I found that some companies offer exam prep training for the PM exams, have you attended any of these and have you any feedback of who runs good revision courses in Dublin..

Any suggestions on how to go about the whole process and keep the full time job without either or suffering
    Did a 3 day course through work, work paid so dunno cost, which was great. Really gets you in frame of mind for it. Trigraph was the crowd that provided the course. After that I studied for only a few evenings as was lucky enough to pass. I'd recommended 9 - 18 study evenings though, practice questions mainly. It's all about getting in the right frame of mind.

I barely read that book tbh (Rita mulchahy?), used it mainly for questions. Studied the notes from the course.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Will, I have a brand new copy of the PMBOK (4th Edition) if you needed one. I bought one for my course but got one in my intro pack as well.

Hi,
    Thank you - I have one, I went to the trouble of buying it. Im thinking of doing the one week course in Professional Development in Blanchardstown. So I guess I will end up with two also. Any tips or notes on studying - where did you do your course?

Advertisement