Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary of a wimpy Leaving Cert Student

Options
  • 27-01-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm Tommy, doing the leaving cert in 4 months... sounds scary... anyway said I would do one of these to see if it helps me focus at all because thus far I have been all over the place. Looking to get over 570ish points as I am studying Actuarial Science next year. My subjects are as follows, along with typical grades and grades I aspire to get in June! Thanks.

Irish - B2 avg. Going for A2
    English - B1 avg. Going for A1
    French - B3 avg. Going for B1
    Maths - B1 avg. Going for A1
    Design, Communications and Graphics - A2 avg. Going for A1
    Physics - A2 avg. Going for A1
    Economics - C2 avg. Not counting this might even drop it in the mean time.
    Business - A1 avg. Will be distraught if I don't get the A1

Doing business outside of the school as my mom teaches it in another school, so I get all the notes and what not...

So as you can see I have got my work cut out and my current grades are falling short of what they should be but hopefully this log keeps me somewhat on track and I can get back to top form! Hopefully this will be remotely tolerable for anyone reading...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Alright so the plan for today:
    - Plath
    - Business Homework
    - Irish Essay

did business hw and some more business study but no Irish essay... wouldn't happen for me... going to read some plath before sleep...

Tonight, have done Irish work and that is about it to be honest... I will go back up to do the sraithpictiurí from 9-10 and hopefully wrap that up... orals in 2 months, not that long really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cba

DCG is such a pr**k of a subject. I'l be lucky if i pass the mocks. How did your project go?

cba wrote: »
    DCG is s
    uch a pr**k of a subject. I'l be lucky if i pass the mocks. How did your project go?

Its probably my best subject to be honest, teacher reckons project was at least a high b hoping to get A, mock in a week though will be an ugly sight but sure! yourself?

• Advertisement

Its probably my best subject to be honest, teacher reckons project was at least a high b hoping to get A, mock in a week though will be an ugly sight but sure! yourself?
    wow seriously?? fancy giving me grinds?? im awful at it to be quite honest, although i reckon the project will get me at least 35%

wow seriously?? fancy giving me grinds?? im awful at it to be quite honest, although i reckon the project will get me at least 35%

Haha Ill give grinds next year if all goes well... everyone seems to have done a good project, which cant be the case unfortunately so we will see what happens but plenty of time before the real thing to get my A game on for the actual exam!

Haha Ill give grinds next year if all goes well... everyone seems to have done a good project, which cant be the case unfortunately so we will see what happens but plenty of time before the real thing to get my A game on for the actual exam!
    ha well if i end up repeating next year you can give me grinds! im so so so awful at it

ha well if i end up repeating next year you can give me grinds! im so so so awful at it

Ha I am sure you aren't that bad! I am looking at the DCG papers now, remembered how much I hate all the eccentricity stuff! Not at school either then?

Ha I am sure you aren't that bad! I am looking at the DCG papers now, remembered how much I hate all the eccentricity stuff! Not at school either then?
    i dont even think we have covered that. i hate cams. and i have to learn assemblies by next week. And nope i dont have my exam till an hour!

• Advertisement

i dont even think we have covered that. i hate cams. and i have to learn assemblies by next week. And nope i dont have my exam till an hour!

We aren't doing assemblies, they look awful to be honest! We touched on cams, hate them, but it looks like I will do geological geometry and structural planes (or something like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nogame

I have actuarial science down on the CAO at the moment but not finding these Maths exam papers to handy at the moment....how are you sure you want to do it?

nogame wrote: »
    I have actuarial science down on the CAO at the moment but not finding these Maths exam papers to handy at the moment....how are you sure you want to do it?

not excellent in math atm either but know i have the natural talent just need to put in thh time. know i want to do maths degree still might change in the mean time but actually pay makes my Willy grow a big one to put it bluntly

We aren't doing assemblies, they look awful to be honest! We touched on cams, hate them, but it looks like I will do geological geometry and structural planes (or something like that)

i might teach myself geological geometry actually, another teacher in the school said its actually one of the simplest things

i might teach myself geological geometry actually, another teacher in the school said its actually one of the simplest things
    yeah it is a soft question... bit of an overlap with all the skew lines stuff too

Alright today:
    - Rich Poetry Essay plan
    - Radioactivity, particle physics, electron Revision
    - Business Homework
    - A timed DCG question

Advertisement