Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Management?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anyone have a list of essays they prepared for Geography with last year? Like a pretty fool-proof list (may be a long shot :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of essays they prepared for Geography with last year? Like a pretty fool-proof list (may be a long shot :p)

I actually have one that I posted last year!

Physical
    • Structures of Deformation
    • Formation of Sedimentary Rock
    • Formation of Metamorphic Rock
    • Landform Development (Waterfall)
    • Geothermal Energy
    • Human interaction with Surface Processes
    • Surface Feature formed by Limestone
    • Underground Feature formed by Limestone
    • 2 Types of Weathering
    • How Isostatic Change has effected the Irish Landscape

Regional
    • Ireland: Teritary Activities, Urban Region + Sketch Map
    • Paris: Primary, Secondary, Teritary, Urban Region, Sketch Map
    • Mezzogiorno: Primary, Secondary
    • SW USA- Primary, Secondary, Teritary, Urban Region, Sketch Map
    • 2 Implications of EU Expanion on Ireland

Human Elective
    • Differences between Population Density & Distribution
    • Effects of Overpopulation
    • 2 Changes in patterns of Irish Migration
    • Impact of Migration on Donor and Receiver Regions
    • Rural Settlement
    • Historic Settlement
    • Model of Urban Land Use Zone (Burgress Concentric Zone Model)
    • Changing Land Use in Ireland
    • Central Place Theory
    • Urban Problems in Developed World
    • Urban Problems in Developing World

Geoecology
    • Characteristics of a Soil
    • Human Interaction with Soil
    • Plant/Animal Adaptations to Soil
    • Human Interaction with a Biome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Just make sure not to draw your sketch maps the wrong way around...eh, PF? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Physical
    • Structures of Deformation
    • Formation of Sedimentary Rock
    • Formation of Metamorphic Rock
    • Landform Development (Waterfall)
    • Geothermal Energy
    • Human interaction with Surface Processes
    • Surface Feature formed by Limestone
    • Underground Feature formed by Limestone
    • 2 Types of Weathering
    • How Isostatic Change has effected the Irish Landscape

Regional
    • Ireland: Teritary Activities, Urban Region + Sketch Map
    • Paris: Primary, Secondary, Teritary, Urban Region, Sketch Map
    • Mezzogiorno: Primary, Secondary
    • SW USA- Primary, Secondary, Teritary, Urban Region, Sketch Map
    • 2 Implications of EU Expanion on Ireland

Human Elective
    • Differences between Population Density & Distribution
    • Effects of Overpopulation
    • 2 Changes in patterns of Irish Migration
    • Impact of Migration on Donor and Receiver Regions
    • Rural Settlement
    • Historic Settlement
    • Model of Urban Land Use Zone (Burgress Concentric Zone Model)
    • Changing Land Use in Ireland
    • Central Place Theory
    • Urban Problems in Developed World
    • Urban Problems in Developing World

Geoecology
    • Characteristics of a Soil
    • Human Interaction with Soil
    • Plant/Animal Adaptations to Soil
    • Human Interaction with a Biome
    Was kind of hinting at you :p Thought I remember you posting that before when I was just a lowly 5th Year, great stuff :D

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Just make sure not to draw your sketch maps the wrong way around...eh, PF? :P

LOLOLOL.. Lost 20 marks and an A2 because of that level of stupidity :pac:.. I'm actually such a dopey cnut..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

LOLOLOL.. Lost 20 marks and an A2 because of that level of stupidity :pac:.. I'm actually such a dopey cnut..
    LOL :pac: That made me burst out laughing and feel sorry for you at the same time :D

LOL :pac: That made me burst out laughing and feel sorry for you at the same time :D

If you knew me in real life me doing something like that isn't actually that surprising tbh.. :pac:

If you knew me in real life me doing something like that isn't actually that surprising tbh.. :pac:

Haha, I'll take your word for it :) Got Irish back today and realised I did the half of paper 2 with the booklet upside-down :rolleyes: The worst part of all is, I got 69.2% and the examiner was too lazy to find me one mark -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

My english teacher insists on minium 5 page essays when she's correcting, and I never can pull it off in the right timing. She's also never marked me higher than a C despite not having anything constructive to tell me.

I can't wait to get my mock back, just to see what I'm likely to get realistically...

• Advertisement

My english teacher insists on minium 5 page essays when she's correcting, and I never can pull it off in the right timing. She's also never marked me higher than a C despite not having anything constructive to tell me.

I can't wait to get my mock back, just to see what I'm likely to get realistically...

There is no minimum. I know for a fact that my friend who got an A1 in English last year also, did a 2.5 page composition essay in the exam. Props to him though he is easily the best short-story writer I know, but there is definitely not a minimum length.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 cremeeggeater

There is no minimum. I know for a fact that my friend who got an A1 in English last year also, did a 2.5 page composition essay in the exam. Props to him though he is easily the best short-story writer I know, but there is definitely not a minimum length.

Thanks for the reassurance, I've been handed back essays unmarked before because they weren't long enough to accurately correct. Fair play to him for pulling that off!

Bad news here haha :o I got my English back today and got 83% :pac: 7/20 from the Unseen Poetry would have brought me up to an A2 xD

Still, I guess it would be only five points either way though :)

Bad news here haha :o I got my English back today and got 83% :pac: 7/20 from the Unseen Poetry would have brought me up to an A2 xD

Still, I guess it would be only five points either way though :)

That's a fantastic result for this stage of the year! I got 84.5% last year in English in the mock, to which the Teacher bumped up to 85% (A2), after she basically told us what to learn on Paper II, 3 poets, LG and certain aspects of Hamlet. If you keep working hard and hone your skills by continuously doing exam papers that A1 or A2 should definitely be in reach by June! If you've any questions about English, PM me. I got an A1 last June and am taking it as a Minor Subject with my Psychology degree in college! :)

That's a fantastic result for this stage of the year! I got 84.5% last year in English in the mock, to which the Teacher bumped up to 85% (A2), after she basically told us what to learn on Paper II, 3 poets, LG and certain aspects of Hamlet. If you keep working hard and hone your skills by continuously doing exam papers that A1 or A2 should definitely be in reach by June! If you've any questions about English, PM me. I got an A1 last June and am taking it as a Minor Subject with my Psychology degree in college! :)

Thanks haha :) Overall I can't complain with 83%, and I would have definitely taken it going into the exam :D It's other results I'm a bit more concerned about at the minute. I somehow managed to get 48% in Business :pac:
    How did you get on in your mocks points-wise out of curiosity? Did you go up in the actual Leaving Cert?

The worst part though, was seeing that in P1 I got 48/50 for QA, 47/50 for QB and then 73/100 for my rushed essay :pac: In paper 2 I got 62/70 for comparative, 51/60 for Macbeth, 50/50 for my Mahon essay,(I was absolutely shocked :eek:) but then 2/20 for my unseen poetry lol :o

Oh, our teacher hinted strongly towards what was coming up also. I don't really know if I like it when they do that though :P

I'm going for psychology also :) Where are you doing it? And how are you finding it? :)

Thanks haha :) Overall I can't complain with 83%, and I would have definitely taken it going into the exam :D It's other results I'm a bit more concerned about at the minute. I somehow managed to get 48% in Business :pac:
    How did you get on in your mocks points-wise out of curiosity? Did you go up in the actual Leaving Cert?

The worst part though, was seeing that in P1 I got 48/50 for QA, 47/50 for QB and then 73/100 for my rushed essay :pac: In paper 2 I got 62/70 for comparative, 51/60 for Macbeth, 50/50 for my Mahon essay,(I was absolutely shocked :eek:) but then 2/20 for my unseen poetry lol :o

Oh, our teacher hinted strongly towards what was coming up also. I don't really know if I like it when they do that though :P

I'm going for psychology also :) Where are you doing it? And how are you finding it? :)

I did, I went up 35 points!

Psychology's class! :) I'm doing it in NUI Maynooth and it's seriously unbelievable! The teachers are just unreal and everyone up here is amazing! Definitely would recommend it!

I did, I went up 35 points!

Psychology's class! :) I'm doing it in NUI Maynooth and it's seriously unbelievable! The teachers are just unreal and everyone up here is amazing! Definitely would recommend it!

Oh well that's a bit of a relief :P Currently I'm at 395 from five subjects but at 445 with my terrible business result :pac: I expect to get WAYY higher than a D2 in French, so I should go up to 470+ or thereabouts. That's not too bad for the mocks I'm hoping lol.

I'm hoping to do psychology in UL (it's about ten minutes from my house), so it's a long distance from Maynooth :) But I'm glad to hear that you're finding it good :P It's definitely something I think I will be interested in, so hopefully I can bring my mock results up and get the points :3

Oh well that's a bit of a relief :P Currently I'm at 395 from five subjects but at 445 with my terrible business result :pac: I expect to get WAYY higher than a D2 in French, so I should go up to 470+ or thereabouts. That's not too bad for the mocks I'm hoping lol.

I'm hoping to do psychology in UL (it's about ten minutes from my house), so it's a long distance from Maynooth :) But I'm glad to hear that you're finding it good :P It's definitely something I think I will be interested in, so hopefully I can bring my mock results up and get the points :3

Psychology points are high, 520 minimum for NUI Maynooth this year :/.. But if you keep working i'm sure you'll be fine! :')

Also consider Maynooth as another option, I know you're fairly set on UL, but there's loads of people from Limerick up here! :D

Psychology points are high, 520 minimum for NUI Maynooth this year :/.. But if you keep working i'm sure you'll be fine! :')

Also consider Maynooth as another option, I know you're fairly set on UL, but there's loads of people from Limerick up here! :D

I hope everything works out :) Just purely out of curiosity, how much study did you do at this stage on a weekday and on weekends? (or how much would you recommend)?

Oh, I'd really love to go to Maynooth :D (or anywhere near Dublin for that matter) My parents would take need some pretty huge persuasion though :pac:

I hope everything works out :) Just purely out of curiosity, how much study did you do at this stage on a weekday and on weekends? (or how much would you recommend)?

Oh, I'd really love to go to Maynooth :D (or anywhere near Dublin for that matter) My parents would take need some pretty huge persuasion though :pac:

I did a good bit to be honest. Probably 3.5 hours Monday-Thursday night of Study, maybe 5-6 hours on a Saturday!

• Advertisement

I did a good bit to be honest. Probably 3.5 hours Monday-Thursday night of Study, maybe 5-6 hours on a Saturday!

Whoa :o that's a fair amount! I'd say I would do in and around that much myself on the weekends, but I never really get the chance on weekdays because of the homework we get :pac:

I ran out of time for none of my exams, except half a 30 marker in geography so I guess everything worked out for the best :D

Advertisement